Should I get a MFE or not?

Greetings, I (24m) currently working as a trader for like 2 yr at small desk in a international bank branch located in Eastern euro. Fairly very well paid job in europe level and great working envo yet I feel slow and lacking in global terms and career. Considering moving to US for a financial eng. in a target top school to live and work in US afterwards and work in more buy side also get way moore better comp.

All in all I scorred 700 gmat and finished best local uni and have very great cv for my country but doubt of US job market and future envo of financial markets thus I am unable to decide about leaving my relatively better paying job(and I also love trading I do not consider options out of trading/AM) and trying US for future?

What would you recommend in such situation for career terms, should I stick to my job?

Do you have rec for top target school which is a gate to wall st? Not sure if MFE is the right choice I want to get in to more quant side but I have a degree in finance/econ in bsc

I’d just apply and then if the job market gets worse, you can just not enroll and stay at home. I think if you want a guarantee of getting a trading job is the US though, no school will provide that to you. That being said, the top 3 schools on quantnet (Baruch, Princeton, CMU) tend to place students into trading roles at a significantly higher percentage than the others. So I’d start there.

I’d just apply and then if the job market gets worse, you can just not enroll and stay at home. I think if you want a guarantee of getting a trading job is the US though, no school will provide that to you. That being said, the top 3 schools on quantnet (Baruch, Princeton, CMU) tend to place students into trading roles at a significantly higher percentage than the others. So I’d start there.
thx, since it is hard to see a labour market which is very niche and shallow from another continent with zero connections. It is frustrating. I guess with a degree lets say Princeton it is also possible to make into a Asset Management company as well beside quant trading firms right?

There is zero chance you get a job in the US without going school here. It's the world's financial center for a reason. This means you will be one among a couple of thousands quant students looking for jobs.
Pay will be high. Competition is pierce.
Welcome to QuantNet, the first step on your journey to Wall Street.

Back