Should I work before MFE program

I am an international student, studying finance and stat in a TOP 30 university in US. I got decent GPA and internship experience in quantitative research in China. I planned to apply for a MFE program but I recently got an offer for the market surveillance analyst position of a small power exchange company. Does anyone have any suggestion whether I should take the offer and work for 1-2 years before MFE?

What Ken said.

MFE isn't some theoretical degree where you are studying because you love school. MFE programs are all about career growth, job experience, etc. Aside from Ken's point, MFE programs tend to accept applicants with more work experience over others since they are more "marketable". MFE's are all about placement rates.

like ken said, you should work. working at a quantitative role for some time and doing a part time mfe will boost your career almost immediately... i got pay raise and promotion 4 times within a year... i can't even believe it myself! i'm more motivated than ever despite the atrocious fees i paid to colu....

Back