Specialized Master Program Italy (Bocconi MAFINRISK)

• Thread starter Thread starter TheMan
  • Start date Start date
Hi all,
Next year, I would like to study at graduate level for (Quantitative) Finance degree.

I have looked at the MAFINRISK program (Master in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management) at Bocconi University in Italy (Milan). See:http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/con...k Management

In my opinion the courses look great. However, I have a problem with the accreditation of the program.

It is called a ''Specialized Master Program'' and I do not know what this entails. According to Bologna Process - Wikipedia there is a distinction between the Specialized Master Programs and regular MSc's.

I am wondering, can anyone tell me more about this? And can you help me to determine whether a Specialized Master would be worth it to spend a year and a lot of money on?

Thanks..

Thanks for your response. No, Bocconi has 2 programs: 1) Specialized Master in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management and 2) MSc Finance. I was talking about the first. But I do not know how I should value a ''Specialized Master'' in comparison to an MSc.
Thanks for your suggestion, is this program also available in English? (I am not Italian). And do you maybe have other suggestions as well? (can be anywhere in Europe).

Do you know how a ''Specialized Master'' is regarded in Italy? Can I arrive at top entry positions with the MaFinRisk as background in Italy?

Back