stock market prediction: fractals vs lognormal distribution

• Thread starter Thread starter bcheema
  • Start date Start date
Hi All,

I am working on a project and need your help with a module.
I have daily stock prices for Index for last 10 years. The question goes like

Considering last 10 year daily price movements of NASDAQ, write a program to check whether fractal geometrics could have better predicted stock market movements than log-normal distribution assumption. Explain your findings with suitable graphs.

Please could you recommend on how to implement fractals for stock market prediction and how can I compare this with the forecast of lognormal distribution. Its a bit of open ended question and I am lost here.
The programming language I use is Python but right not I am stuck on how to tackle this questions

Many Thanks for your help

hmmmm.jpg

Hi All,

I am working on a project and need your help with a module.
I have daily stock prices for Index for last 10 years. The question goes like

Considering last 10 year daily price movements of NASDAQ, write a program to check whether fractal geometrics could have better predicted stock market movements than log-normal distribution assumption. Explain your findings with suitable graphs.

Please could you recommend on how to implement fractals for stock market prediction and how can I compare this with the forecast of lognormal distribution. Its a bit of open ended question and I am lost here.
The programming language I use is Python but right not I am stuck on how to tackle this questions

Many Thanks for your help
is this homework?

Back