Submit GRE Scores with weak verbal?

Hi all, thanks for reading the post in advance, really need advice on this issue.

I have applied to Columbia MFE and MaFN, NYU Math in Finance and MFE, Uchicago Fin Math, and most of them did not require the GREs hence I did not submit my scores.

However, I ended up doing the GREs for my MIT MFin and CMU MCF application, and ended up getting:
Verbal: 147 (29th percentile) Quant: 170 Analytical Writing: 4.5 (81th percentile)

I know the verbal score is severely under average, however I do not have a spectacular GPA (around 3.7/4 on the dot) but have a decent portfolio in other areas (top school in country, internships at bulge banks and funds), etc.

So the question I have: should I be submitting my GREs given my weak verbal score?
Another question: I have gotten an admit to an internship at a reputable fund in the summer of 2024. Should I indicate this on my resume as well and update it with my applications since it would boost my profile?

Thanks once again in advance!

Last edited:
I’m in the same situation. Didn’t do well for the essay but verbal was 80th. Would like advice too

I personally would, but not 100% sure. I’ve noticed that a lot of programs say that the GRE is optional but definitely reject a proportionally higher number of candidates without it than with it based on the tracker and what I’ve heard from a few admissions folks. Also, if you look up a lot of the class profiles, they only really track the Q portion of the test.

Back