UCB MFE Suggestion for MFE Berkeley Application Status : Hold and re-interviewed

I had recently applied in Round 3 of MFE Berkeley program for 2014 session. Unfortunately, my interview didn't go well and my application was put "On Hold" but recently I received another call for re-interview and this interview was perfect according to me. Honestly, I believe I could not have a better interview than the one I just had.

I want suggestion from the community about what others courses/materials could I follow to further improve my chances/application because I haven't heard from them after my re-interview. I guess, from the posts that I have read it is extremely difficult to convert a HOLD application to full offer in Berkeley. Has there been any such instances in the past where people were re-interviewed after being placed on Hold ?

My Background : CFA Level 3 candidate
B.Tech and Masters in Chemical Engineering.
Pursued few courses on Coursera and MIT OCW such as Columbia FE etc
5 years of Professional Experience as a financial analyst

Thanks in advance for your help and responses !!

Last edited:
Haven't received any response on this :(..Please reply.....Has anyone had a re-interview in MFE Berkeley application process ?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the link. I actually have gone through the above link before, but nowhere in the links has someone mentioned about re-interview after being placed 'On Hold'. I am just trying to gather information about what else I could do at this stage to atleast have a chance.

I had given up all my hopes after being placed on hold and after reading the above link. But, after a good re-interview I thought I had a chance. But, hopes are fading again as the time is passing and not hearing anything from them. It has been a lot of efforts and struggle. I should say I have mixed feelings here, content with the fact that I have given my best but highly disappointed that it hasn't produced any result. :(

Thanks

Back