Teams on quantnet!

Greetings to everyone!

I joined recently and found many interesting points here. I wonder if there are some groups to join for example programming group, portfolio team assigned to one particular purpose etc. Such practices are common on another forums. I was searching the forum and found an idea to set up a poker group but the discussion didn't gave an answer whether it was launched or not. So I wonder if I'm missing something on search utilities...

Hi TobiAkin
Given that many members here are in NYC and meet in person from time to time, a lot of things are done offline. That said, if people are interested in getting together and do something online, I'm willing to facilitate that.
I kept in contact with many people interested in the poker bot things but I guess people are losing interest in poker in this climate. There are plenty of technical projects to put our heads together.

Just throw some idea out here and we will discuss.

I asked #Tsotne# (i donno how to tag him) to let me join his work. He is making an automated portfolio with his university members. He had made a .NET library for optimization and buy-sell logics built in. Much like Smartquant products - http://www.smartquant.com/
He is now working on a thing similar to Visual Quant (in above link). I got interested and asked to allow cooperate. I haven't received an answer yet but I wondered if there were such groups willing to accept members.

As for ideas, why not construct a group of some people setting up a portfolio software in various languages. Can be considered as competition as well.

Back