Thoughts on the book Python for Finance: Mastering Data-Driven Finance by Yves Hilpisch

Hello,

I am looking to dive into the world of quantitative finance and was recommended to read this book to help jump-start my adventure. Any thoughts? Is this book good for someone to get a good foundational knowledge of Python applied to Finance? Is there another resource that would be better?

Hello,

I am looking to dive into the world of quantitative finance and was recommended to read this book to help jump-start my adventure. Any thoughts? Is this book good for someone to get a good foundational knowledge of Python applied to Finance? Is there another resource that would be better?
Learning to code requires not merely understanding of syntax (which is what a book will give you), but hands-on experience and detailed feedback/reviews on your code. Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science is a great resource to learn Python, in a finance and data-centric way, utilizing the latest approaches and tools.

Disclaimer: I am the originator of this course.

Last edited:
Learning to code requires not merely understanding of syntax (which is what a book will give you), but hands-on experience and detailed feedback/reviews on your code. Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science is a great resource to learn Python, in a finance and data-centric way, utilizing the latest approaches and tools.

Disclaimer: I am the originator of this course.
Thank you!

This is not a book on how to learn Python programming (*) It focuses more on how to apply Python libraries to finance, a recipe as it were. It is also not a book on financial math foundations.
For real-life Python I recommend the QN Python course.

(*) i.e. building stuff.

Last edited:
Back