To which MSc financial math should I apply? UK

• Thread starter Thread starter Mate
  • Start date Start date
Hello,

I have applied to few MSc programmes in UK, can someone tell me which one is the best and what are pros and cons of each one?
And which 2tier university is the best for fin. math?

University of Essex-Computational finance
University of York-Statistics and computational finance
University of Leeds-Financial Mathematics.
Cass- Financial mathematics

thank you:)

Hi Mate,
Sorry for late response I haven't checked this site in a long time. If you are still thinking where to apply in the UK and not just the very biggest name universities, I would suggest having a look at our program at Sussex, designed by Carol Alexander. We've been going three years now and have put a lot of work into it. Based in a business school but still lots of quants as quite a few of us are originally from maths (and we aim to attract maths students), so it's a great mix of practical stuff and quant in my (biased) opinion anyway. Here's the site: MSc in Financial Risk and Investment Analysis : Business, management and finance : ... : Study with us : University of Sussex
And here's and old thread on this site when Carol was first advertising it a few years ago:
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/sussex-msc-in-financial-risk-and-investment-analysis.13979/
Still definitely in time to apply for this year, so please take a look!
Good luck with your decision,
Michael

Cass is your best bet. The oppourtunity to network with recruiters is the most imp element to land a job.

Hello,

I have applied to few MSc programmes in UK, can someone tell me which one is the best and what are pros and cons of each one?
And which 2tier university is the best for fin. math?

University of Essex-Computational finance
University of York-Statistics and computational finance
University of Leeds-Financial Mathematics.
Cass- Financial mathematics

thank you:)

Back