COMPARE UChicago MSFM vs UCLA MFE vs waitlist at UCB MFE

UChicago MSFM vs UCLA MFE vs waitlist at UCB MFE

• UChicago MSFM

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • UCLA MFE

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • UCB MFE Waitlist (work on waitlist requirements)

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
I have been admitted to the following programs and would greatly appreciate any insight on which one would be the best option: UChicago MSFM (30% scholarship), UCLA MFE, Boston MSMFT ($12K scholarship), USC MFE. Of these, I have mainly narrowed it down to UChicago vs UCLA. I have also been waitlisted by UCB MFE, but I'm not as keen on it given the lack of guarantee of admission after completing a list of pre-requisites and potentially declining other offers given the Spring start date.

Background: US Top 20 undergrad (Financial Math & Econ & Computing) + 3 years of work experience in risk management at one of JPM/GS/MS
Career Interest: Strategist / Quant Trading

If I was you, I would choose Chicago. All things equal in Chicago you would be closer to a financial center. I also think Chicago is better so…

I have been admitted to the following programs and would greatly appreciate any insight on which one would be the best option: UChicago MSFM (30% scholarship), UCLA MFE, Boston MSMFT ($12K scholarship), USC MFE. Of these, I have mainly narrowed it down to UChicago vs UCLA. I have also been waitlisted by UCB MFE, but I'm not as keen on it given the lack of guarantee of admission after completing a list of pre-requisites and potentially declining other offers given the Spring start date.

Background: US Top 20 undergrad (Financial Math & Econ & Computing) + 3 years of work experience in risk management at one of JPM/GS/MS
Career Interest: Strategist / Quant Trading
Hi, can I ask what prompt did you get for your recorded video essay (Berkeley MFE)? Thank you!

Back