Universities that will accept me based on my profile?

I am an Indian Student doing BSc. Mathematics. I want to get admitted to MFE programmes over Europe and UK. I have an average of 60-70% in all of my Transcripts(10th,12th and Semester exams). I have done numerous Online certificate courses in Finance and Computer programming. I have not yet given GRE or IELTS. I know that Universities like LSE or Imperial are not going to take my because of my weak profile. I have a list to apply. Can someone help me with Universities that will surely accept me? Based on my profile?

1. London School of Economics- MSc. Financial Mathematics
2. University of Reading- MSc. Financial Engineering
3. University College London- MSc. Financial Mathematics
4. University of Manchester- MSc. Quantitative Finance
5. University of Nottingham- MSc. Financial and Computational Mathematics
6. Lancaster University- MSc. Quantitative Finance
7. University of Edinburgh- MSc. Financial Mathematics
8. Cass Business School- MSc. Quantitative Finance
9. University of Birmingham- MSc. Mathematical Finance
10. University of Glasgow- MSc. Quantitative Finance
11. University of Leeds- MSc. Financial Mathematics
12. King's College London- MSc. Financial Mathematics
13. Kingston University- MSc. Financial Mathematics and Economic Forecasting
14. Birkbeck University- MSc. Financial Engineering
15. University of Leicester- MSc. Financial Mathematics and Computation
16. University of Essex- MSc. Computational Finance
17. Heriot Watt University- MSc. Quantitative Financial Risk Management
18. New Castle University- MSc. Quantitative Finance and Risk Management

Also, is it true that GRE score strengthens your application?
P.S- None of these University requires any GRE score.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

@Saurabh Chakrabarty Hi, I'm also from India and did a B.Sc.(H) in Math from Delhi University.

I would say you should also consider universities in Europe where education is nearly free (cost around 300 euro a semester), including the likes of ETH Zurich, Goethe University Frankfurt and WU Vienna. They're all very solid names in their respective countries.

Also, give the GRE. It can help support your application, and might open up the possibility of applying to mid-tier American quant schools.

@Saurabh Chakrabarty Hi, I'm also from India and did a B.Sc.(H) in Math from Delhi University.

I would say you should also consider universities in Europe where education is nearly free (cost around 300 euro a semester), including the likes of ETH Zurich, Goethe University Frankfurt and WU Vienna. They're all very solid names in their respective countries.

Also, give the GRE. It can help support your application, and might open up the possibility of applying to mid-tier American quant schools.
Thanks a lot Hemant for your reply. I was just wondering that if I apply to any other place than UK, will I have to face language problem? Because as we know places like Zurich and Frankfurt does not use English as their native language. And also, from the list you provided, do you think I will get accepted over there based on my marks? And what are their career opportunities? Thanks a lot once again.

Acceptance depends on a lot of things, not just grades. Do you have a relevant internship in the industry? How impressive is your CV? Can you secure good recommendations from University professors? All factors are taken into account, at least when we're talking about reputed grad schools, wherever they may be geographically.

Acceptance depends on a lot of things, not just grades. Do you have a relevant internship in the industry? How impressive is your CV? Can you secure good recommendations from University professors? All factors are taken into account, at least when we're talking about reputed grad schools, wherever they may be geographically.
Okay. Well I don't have any internship experience. My Client is quite good and yes, I have some great professors who are willing to provide me Good recommendations. :)

All of the aforementioned programs are taught in English. Learning German would help you later in your hunt for a job. Also, what good is it if you can't socialize and network? To have a fulfilling experience both academically and socially, you should be best served if you learned the language.

Drop me a private message. We should carry this discussion there.

This has made me consider maybe looking outside the U.S. for MFE or grad programs. My only concern is that the degree from overseas it may harm me when going back to the U.S. due to lack of popularity (obviously, this does not apply to LSE, Oxford, Cambridge). What's your take?

You
This has made me consider maybe looking outside the U.S. for MFE or grad programs. My only concern is that the degree from overseas it may harm me when going back to the U.S. due to lack of popularity (obviously, this does not apply to LSE, Oxford, Cambridge). What's your take?
You are probably right about this but LSE or Oxbridge is way tough to get into. They select students with highest profiles.

Hey @evan guggenheim ,

If you're considering the universities I suggested, then I think you should know that none of these offer the kind of brand-name education that LSE, Oxford or Cambridge does. Even so, these are all reputed names in Europe, particularly in the German-speaking world.

If the aim is to go back to the States, then it's difficult to make a comment on the kind of opportunities available to you back home. I would suggest you work for a couple years in the country where you do eventually complete your graduation before you return to the States. That way you'll bring back some experience in a different kind of setting and culture, and that may make you appealing to potential employers in a different way.

Hey @evan guggenheim ,

If you're considering the universities I suggested, then I think you should know that none of these offer the kind of brand-name education that LSE, Oxford or Cambridge does. Even so, these are all reputed names in Europe, particularly in the German-speaking world.

If the aim is to go back to the States, then it's difficult to make a comment on the kind of opportunities available to you back home. I would suggest you work for a couple years in the country where you do eventually complete your graduation before you return to the States. That way you'll bring back some experience in a different kind of setting and culture, and that may make you appealing to potential employers in a different way.

Great point, thanks!

Back