University Student Project on Quant Career. Help please...

Hello,
I am a student at James Madison University and I am studying quantitative finance and computer science. I have a large project that is due in Mid October and I have to interview two professionals in my potential career field. Sample questions include:

What is your job title?
  • What type of education would I need to get into this field?
  • What have been the biggest changes in the technology you use in your work? (You may want to rephrase this and make it more specific for hi-tech jobs)
  • What salary range could I expect starting out? (Don’t ask them how much they make!)
  • What are some of the current technology-related issues/challenges/problems in the field today?
  • What's changing in the field? What should someone coming into it need to know in, say, 3 years from now?

I don't have any personal contacts in this field, so I found this forum hoping maybe someone would be so kind as to have a short interview either on phone or over skype at a time that fits them best.

Thank you for any help,
Zach T.

Hello,
I am a student at James Madison University and I am studying quantitative finance and computer science. I have a large project that is due in Mid October and I have to interview two professionals in my potential career field. Sample questions include:

What is your job title?
  • What type of education would I need to get into this field?
  • What have been the biggest changes in the technology you use in your work? (You may want to rephrase this and make it more specific for hi-tech jobs)
  • What salary range could I expect starting out? (Don’t ask them how much they make!)
  • What are some of the current technology-related issues/challenges/problems in the field today?
  • What's changing in the field? What should someone coming into it need to know in, say, 3 years from now?
I don't have any personal contacts in this field, so I found this forum hoping maybe someone would be so kind as to have a short interview either on phone or over skype at a time that fits them best.

Thank you for any help,
Zach T.
PM me. Happy to oblige. As an MS in statistics, I consider myself to be "quant-lite," but I'd be happy to chat.

Last edited:
Does your school have bloomberg terminals? There's more than enough data there to analyze and make a project out of.

The project requires I personally interview or speak with an industry professional along with outside research.

Back