What are my chances?

Hi,
Sharing my profile to know what are my chances in CMU, UCB, UCLA, Georgia Tech, U Michigan, U California, Columbia, John's Hopkins.

I have:
1) 3.7 GPA in undergrad in Mechanical Engineering from a top ranked institute in India
2) 3 Internships: Honda, vehicle quality; EY, finance; Anand, Process Engineering.
3) GRE score: 318- 154 verbal, 164 quant
4) TOEFL: 100
5) Coding proficiency in - Python, C, C++, Java, Matlab, Arduino, SQL
6) Project based on Python for stock recommendation
7) Volunteer experience with 2 institutions
8) 3 strong LORs from undergraduate teachers
9) 1 year of work ex- Gartner, Product Operations( Data Extraction and Analysis, using Python, DAX in Power Bi)
10) Maths - Covered calculus, differential equations, numerical analysis, optimization techniques with decent grades.

Last edited:
Just retake GRE and aim for near 170. Not a single program in quantnet's top 10 has average quant score below 168, so you're quite a bit below that. If you practice a bit and be cautious it shouldn't be hard to get higher score in quant.

I'd also recommend retaking TOEFL, 100 is quite low and I think it's the bare minimum required by some schools to even be considered for admission.

Just retake GRE and aim for near 170. Not a single program in quantnet's top 10 has average quant score below 168, so you're quite a bit below that. If you practice a bit and be cautious it shouldn't be hard to get higher score in quant.

I'd also recommend retaking TOEFL, 100 is quite low and I think it's the bare minimum required by some schools to even be considered for admission.
Will verbal matter that much as well?

I don't think so, just don't get something really low - the idea is not to draw attention from getting a good verbal score (won't happen for quant programs), but to avoid drawing attention from getting a terrible score.

Back