What do UK schools look for?

• Thread starter Thread starter MattCE
  • Start date Start date
Hi,

Apologize for such a simple question -- I've looked around a lot, and strangely, I haven't found anything on this. I'm interested in LSE MSF and Oxford MFE, and it would help me get a sense of my chances to know what UK schools consider. Is it mostly about GMAT / GPA? Or do they consider ECs, leadership, etc... as well?

The reason I'm so concerned is I have very little leadership experience and a few ECs but nothing serious.

Also in regards to GPA, i slacked off in my early years but just finished last yeah with a 4.0 and all A+s in winter semester. I'm certain that next year will also yield a 4.0, but at the time I apply for these programs, none of next year's grades will be available.

If it's at all relevant, I'm studying Computer Engineering at a Canadian school, and I expect to score 760-800 on the GMAT.

Thanks for any advice!

UK colleges in general have a higher GPA requirement. For example, many of Oxbridge programs require First class honor or equivalent. Other than that, I think their selection criteria aren't drastically different from American college's.

Back