Where Homework Is Managing a $200,000 Stock Portfolio

This article on NYT DealBook talks about the increasing number schools who have installed a trading floor so their students can learn the tools of Wall Street.

Mentioned is the trading floor at Baruch College and quoted in the article is Prof. Richard D. Holowczak, who runs the trading floor at Baruch College in New York. Richard is a member on Quantnet who posts from time to time about seminars held on his trading floor.

Business Schools Add Mock Trading Floors - NYTimes.com

Thanks Andy.

A guy I worked with who was a trainee Network Engineer at a firm up in Boston I worked at was telling me about the Bentley trading floor as he did his undergrad there.
Seems like the idea is catching on. Bentley seems to turn out some good grads as well if this guy was the norm.

My undergrad university opened up a trading floor last year.Odette Financial Markets Lab | Odette

I have been on the Baruch trading floor several times. It is pretty great, and one of the bigger university trading floors I have seen.

They mentioned GWU and Bentley with courses where you manage REAL money.

I don't know of how many MFE programs do this, but as far as I know, Claremont Graduate U MFE program has a course where you manage real money from the endowment. I think it's 300K. There are some students from CGU MFE who post here often. They can enlighten us on it more possibly. I could be wrong. I think IIT MFin had something similar.

Do any other MFE programs do this?

The University Of Maryland (MFin) has a graduate and undergraduate student-run fund.

Back