Who are you guys/gals???

This is Off Topic so anything goes right?

I'm wondering who you guys are - college, high school, grad/post grad? Anyone working? If so do you work in the fields you want to be in or are you trying to get into the quant field? Are you guys/girls mostly trying to work at big I-banks as quants?

I posted in the introductions thread that I am in the HFT/Algo space and that I'm trying to get into the Incubator space. I came here to meet NYC folks and to network so I guess I'm wondering who all is on here.

Thx.

We are having close to 10,000 members so I can't possibly know everyone but I have a good idea of the active members who post often.
About 50% of them are employees of Wall Street firms ranging from IB to small shops. These are financial engineers, quants, quant developers, risk managers, independent traders.
The other 50% consists of academics, recruiters, prospective financial engineers.

I didn't come here to talk to you :D

That was a joke as you probably notice. However, you would probaly want to talk to Eugene. He is doing a lot of interesting stuff in a similar field you want to crack.

I'm an old fogey with the mind and spirit of a 2 year old.

That was a joke as you probably notice. However, you would probaly want to talk to Eugene. He is doing a lot of interesting stuff in a similar field you want to crack.

I'm an old fogey with the mind and spirit of a 2 year old.

Interesting. Thanks. I'm also in NYC and looking to start up a few projects this year. Also, my fiancee works at Columbia so as of June 5th (wedding) I'll be taking advantage of some free math & programming classes. I'm trying to network and hopefully get a few incubator projects underway this year but having a hard time meeting people with strategies.

Do you guys ever meet up?

Back