Would CFA/FRM be a wise choice?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Vamsi. A little about myself. I am a first-year undergraduate student pursuing an Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance degree in India. I plan to pursue a career in Quant Finance.
As things stand I can either write CFA (or FRM) or CS1 (an actuarial sciences exam on probability and statistics). I am an intermediate Python programmer and have also completed DeepLearning.AI's ML Specialization Course.
Would CFA/FRM be useful while applying to Quant Trader/Quant Analyst Internships? Are actuarial exams a useful addition to my resume from a recruiter's point of view? Also, is there anything I could do that would add value in my CV?

Thank you for replying to my query.

Regards,
Vamsi

Hello Everyone,

My name is Vamsi. A little about myself. I am a first-year undergraduate student pursuing an Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance degree in India. I plan to pursue a career in Quant Finance.
As things stand I can either write CFA (or FRM) or CS1 (an actuarial sciences exam on probability and statistics). I am an intermediate Python programmer and have also completed DeepLearning.AI's ML Specialization Course.
Would CFA/FRM be useful while applying to Quant Trader/Quant Analyst Internships? Are actuarial exams a useful addition to my resume from a recruiter's point of view? Also, is there anything I could do that would add value in my CV?

Thank you for replying to my query.

Regards,
Vamsi
IMO, building something ground-up in C++/Python, releasing it and maintaining it on GitHub, related to algorithmic trading or sell-side mathematics is much more likely to interest recruiters. They are looking for fluid intelligence; not crystallized knowledge.

Back