CMU MSCF vs. Yale Asset Management

CMU MSCF or Yale Asset Management?

• CMU MSCF

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Yale Asset Management

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
So I am having trouble deciding between these two programs. I come from a computer science and applied mathematics background, but my ultimate goal is to become a quant. I know that Yale's program is not a traditional quant program, but there is quite a bit of customizability to make it more quantitatively heavy as well as lots of connections with hedge funds like AQR, Bridgewater, etc. I am curious to see what most people would choose.

if people could comment their reasoning for their decision, that would be very helpful as well

So I am having trouble deciding between these two programs. I come from a computer science and applied mathematics background, but my ultimate goal is to become a quant. I know that Yale's program is not a traditional quant program, but there is quite a bit of customizability to make it more quantitatively heavy as well as lots of connections with hedge funds like AQR, Bridgewater, etc. I am curious to see what most people would choose.
It's not even close. CMU is an established program with a strong industry presence and reputation. Moreover it has a very well rounded curriculum that gives you the flexibility of pursuing different career paths.
I don't think there's nothing else to be said. The Yale program could be good but it's too early to say, we'll have to wait and see.

Back