Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
Same here. But I have not seen anyone received the interview. It is clear that Columbia MSFE would release their admissions by the end of Feb. (They said in the Admission F&Q
They do not necessarily have to release admission decisions by the third weekend of February. The website says all PHD and MFSE applicants will get the admission decision or be contacted for more information by the third weekend of Febraury.

They do not necessarily have to release admission decisions by the third weekend of February. The website says all PHD and MFSE applicants will get the admission decision or be contacted for more information by the third weekend of Febraury.
Right, according to the previous record, they released most of their admission decisions by the end of Feb, just saw several on the beg of Mar. They should at least give notifications to applicants by the third week of Feb (Interview, Admission or reject). But it is still weird this year. I guess there would be some information next week.

My friend in the class of 2015 told me that some of her friends will be conducting interviews for MSFE candidates. So there should still be interviews this year. But it is a little bit weird as they had conducted the first round by this time last year.

My friend in the class of 2015 told me that some of her friends will be conducting interviews for MSFE candidates. So there should still be interviews this year. But it is a little bit weird as they had conducted the first round by this time last year.
Maybe they would send interviews next week.

I just get a email from Columbia. They give me an interview invitation. Here is what they said in the email:

As a final step in the process, we would like to invite you to discuss your candidacy and interest in Columbia University. Please log onto our application system and click on the “Interview” tab to accept our invitation. If you accept this invitation, you will then be contacted by one of our IEOR Ambassadors to schedule a Skype video interview of approximately 15 minutes in the next week.

I am super excited. Good luck to all!

BTW, does anyone know how the interview is like in previous years? Is it technical or behavioral? Look like this is the final round?

I just get a email from Columbia. They give me an interview invitation. Here is what they said in the email:

I am super excited. Good luck to all!

BTW, does anyone know how the interview is like in previous years? Is it technical or behavioral? Look like this is the final round?

Congrats and good luck for the interview!

Hello! I just got the interview invitation but cannot find the interview tab. Anyone found it?

Last edited:
Just got mine, as I was reading this thread.
I am a CS/Fin undergrad, with experience in equity research positions, so I have somewhat limited quant experience. Any interview tips would be quite helpful.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for interview from Columbia as well. However I could not find the interview tab in the application system as described in the email. Has any one figured out how to exactly accept this invitation yet? Thank you guys very much and good luck to your interview!

I have got a mail saying that i will be interviewed next week.
Does anyone know what kind of questions are asked in this interview?
Im from a decision sciences background and am not sure if they will ask me any finance related questions.

Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for interview from Columbia as well. However I could not find the interview tab in the application system as described in the email. Has any one figured out how to exactly accept this invitation yet? Thank you guys very much and good luck to your interview!
It is at ribbon. Next to Application.

Thanks for your reply. By ribbon do you mean navigation bar which should include 'Home', "application', 'application status', 'email admin. office' and 'profile' tabs? If it is what you mean, I think I still cannot find the 'interview' tab yet.
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Pretty weird that you don't have that button. Maybe try different browser/computer. If it still does not work, I would contact the admin office.