Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
I think we are on the same boat. My interview was on the 12th. It went pretty bad. It was by a student. I still haven't heard back. :(
Well the content was there, i didn't communicate so well though. Went through the tracker, they dont seem to have rejected a lot of people with decent work experience. Still hopeful.

Hey Guys, Just occurred to me- it's a US off today. We'll have to wait another day, for the offices to open, and receive any communication (if positive)

Hey Guys, Just occurred to me- it's a US off today. We'll have to wait another day, for the offices to open, and receive any communication (if positive)
Columbia is open today. It's not that big of a holiday as others. I'm really not even sure why the markets are closed.

Hello everyone : )

Congrats on the ones who got ads or interviews! It seems quite a lot of people received interviews from Columbia, I submitted around xmas time still haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean a sign of rejection probably?

Shall I wait or should I email them to check mine?

Thanks!!

Hey ccbjyo!

I know it feels tempting to mail them to check out the status of our applications, it probably doesn't help our case. On emailing them, I would expect them to reply stating that they are still processing the applications, and will let me know if mine reaches an advanced stage (for interview or offer).

As such, I would wait.

Hello everyone : )

Congrats on the ones who got ads or interviews! It seems quite a lot of people received interviews from Columbia, I submitted around xmas time still haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean a sign of rejection probably?

Shall I wait or should I email them to check mine?

Thanks!!
Hi ccbjyo

I would wait if I were you. Like FreeMarkets said, I think they would only reply that your application is currently under review. In my case, I sent an email to ask for an early decision last week when I saw a lot of candidates got interview invitation as I need to pay the CMU deposit before March 10. They replied the email stating that it usually takes 4-6 weeks for the review process and it is impossible to expedite the process.
They're still sending out invitation. I just received interview invitation on Saturday.

Does anyone know that whether Columbia MFE would or ever invited on-campus interview for those applicants in NYC?

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Columbia as well, I had a week delay after submitting my application for my GRE scores to be delivered so my application was not marked complete for review until a bit later. Hoping to get some information soon!

My case is similar to that of Niq W. 2/3 recommendations were submitted almost 2 weeks (still < 2 weeks) post their deadline.

Anyone here who's gotten an interview call in spite of some delay with their application?

@Phil_L : Do you know any of your batch mate/senior/junior who was admitted in spite of such delay with his application?

Thanks! Eager to hear from you! :)

My case is similar to that of Niq W. 2/3 recommendations were submitted almost 2 weeks (still < 2 weeks) post their deadline.

Anyone here who's gotten an interview call in spite of some delay with their application?

@Phil_L : Do you know any of your batch mate/senior/junior who was admitted in spite of such delay with his application?

Unfortunately, I dont. Sorry

I had a delay getting 1 of my recos on time. It was submitted a week after the deadline and I have received an interview call. Don't think it should be a problem unless it was delayed a lot. :)

Anybody have any leads on what the admission status is for anyone?!

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a sudden slump?