COMPARE Columbia MSOR VS University of Michigan Ann Arbor MFE

I would be worried about this. Find out if there is some truth.
Last I heard, career support for the MFE program will no longer be provided by Ross Business School but by the Engineering school instead since MFE program is under the Engineering school.
There is also some rumor that Ross will open its own Master in Finance program. I haven't seen any announcement about it.
I mean, the MFE program had limited access to Ross before actually because it belongs to the engineering school, so I dont know if it might be under control by Ross after this year? The administrator didnt really say the reason, I guess i will try to ask some students then. Thanks!

I think the university in general has a good reputation and its business school is pretty strong. The MFE program there is a solid choice, I'd put it top 10 for sure. Are you saying they're shutting down the MFE program at UMich?

I think the university in general has a good reputation and its business school is pretty strong. The MFE program there is a solid choice, I'd put it top 10 for sure. Are you saying they're shutting down the MFE program at UMich?
According to the Graduate Program Coordinator, "The class coming in for Summer 2013 will be our final incoming group. It may be restructured and placed in a different department or not, but that is uncertain at this time." so I am not really sure

According to the Graduate Program Coordinator, "The class coming in for Summer 2013 will be our final incoming group. It may be restructured and placed in a different department or not, but that is uncertain at this time." so I am not really sure

Does somebody knows the effect of this kind of thing?

Probably won't affect the incoming class at all. From what I'm told, the program will most likely continue as an MFin through Ross. However, the school needs to examine how such a program will impact BBA/MBA recruiting.

Back