Financial Background + programming experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Tsotne
  • Start date Start date
Var, derivatives fixed income is a profession? You mention it with quant developer so I need to make sure.

There is a very big demand for quant developers/programmers in the financial industry. If you're a programmer it will not be hard to get a job. One of my classmates wants to be a quant developer and he just applied online for few places and he got 6 interviews by doing absolutely nothing but applying online. He is one of the best programmers I know. The companies included Google,Soc Gen, Goldman and some huge trading firms out of Chicago.

Seems you edited the post. Yes Joy that's what I'm talking about. Demand is high I know and is becoming even higher for developers as time goes by. We discussed this issue in other threads when I was talking about the importance of Computer Scientists in financial industry. I got the answer -
It might be enough to full-fill minimum requirements but...
Thanks

The rest is on the individual itself. I was wondering exactly if this meets the requirements.

Can I count non-working programming experience as experience? I mean educational purposes I've been coding for 2 more years at university. If I counted the one my programming experience increases by 2 years. Is it correct?

Back