Just finished the online C++ course, here's some tips for fellow coursemates

@Christopher lee
If you have no prior programming experience, you should expect to spend 20 hours per week for the course. Some levels are easier than others.
I put up a list of the number of homework, video clips on each level so you can have a better sense and can plan accordingly.
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/faq-c-for-financial-engineering-online-course.7376/#post-90019

Some people completed the whole course in 60 days or less. Some took the whole 16-week. It's more of a sticking to a schedule part that will be the most important.

@APalley @Andy Nguyen @Justine Morgan

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could give me perspective and help my pacing.

I only have 73 days days left, and I'm only done with Section 1.8.

Should I almost start panicking now? How difficult will it be to finish the rest of the course in 73 days? What level of pacing should I expect from here in order to succeed? I didn't have much difficulty with sections 1.1-1.8, but I have been having difficulty pacing myself.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thomas

@APalley @Andy Nguyen @Justine Morgan

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could give me perspective and help my pacing.

I only have 73 days days left, and I'm only done with Section 1.8.

Should I almost start panicking now? How difficult will it be to finish the rest of the course in 73 days? What level of pacing should I expect from here in order to succeed? I didn't have much difficulty with sections 1.1-1.8, but I have been having difficulty pacing myself.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

No, don't start panicking! You can still do it!! There have been a lot of people on here who have gotten through the course in this amount of time (or less)

I would say just try to create yourself a schedule and stick to it. So you have 7 levels left. If I were to create a schedule for how to get through the course in the next 10 weeks, I would say:

Levels 3/4/5 - 1 week each
Level 6 - 2 weeks
Levels 7/8 - 1 week each
Level 9 - 3 weeks

I was a beginner when I took this course, but managed to get through the levels in approximately the amount of time I have listed here (while being busy with other stuff), so don't worry! You'll be able to complete it!! :)

Back