Master's Thesis topics in quantitative finance?

There are too many papers online. You can just replicate one of them. I’m currently replicating “factor mimicking portfolios” you can ssrn that

I used This papir in my theiss. I Will definitely recommend this topic :)
Are the results 'interpretible'?

Something auditors and regulators like.

I'm doing some math-heavy CS research. Like the math behind various learning algorithms, some of which are popular in finance. I am trying to steer it towards quant-ish stuff but it's the best I can do. I'm doing an MSCS as opposed to an MFE because of better job opportunities (My goal is to be a quant, but I'd rather be an engineer than an analyst if that doesn't work out)

As I'm still brainstorming ideas, I came up with a random idea to minimize hedging error with stochastic/normal gradient descent. Does this even make sense?

Are the results 'interpretible'?

Something auditors and regulators like.
Just a quick Q. Dr. Duffy, would with regards to the first one (Interpretability of ANN Representation of SABR) do you think this would be something Banks/HFs would find useful/interesting? I know that I should do something I personally want to do, but I also want to find something which would also interest potential employers

Just a quick Q. Dr. Duffy, would with regards to the first one (Interpretability of ANN Representation of SABR) do you think this would be something Banks/HFs would find useful/interesting? I know that I should do something I personally want to do, but I also want to find something which would also interest potential employers
I am not an employer but my feeling is if you know this modern stuff it proves you are flexible which employers like.. Especially new startups, maybe.
Good luck!

I assume you have a supervisor whom you can chat with for some topics as well.

Back