MIT MFin MIT MFin Admission Discussion

no I do not think so. Though I have heard some people get rejection mails end of Feb. Calls only for those who are accepted

Anyone received a thank you email from MIT? does it mean a rejection?
Hmm, I have never seen this mentioned in other posts. If your username is the same as your real name, then might I infer you are from Latin America/Spain? Given the analysis I conducted, approx 80% of applicants are Asian. So the overlap between being a female (Augustina?) and Latin American would put you in a very special bucket, most especially given their aim for a diverse class. Don't want to get your hopes up, but I'd only send an email to people I really am interested in and want them to feel special. Plus, if you have an interview with Princeton, that is already a pretty strong signal your profile is solid. Strong profile + diversity = let's take this student asap.

Who knows... I might be totally wrong with all I've said.

Source to backup my claim:

And in order to figure out total number of applicants, you go here: Academic Program Statistics | MIT Sloan, and also use Wayback Machine to cross reference previous numbers (given numbers for 2019, 2020, 2021 are no longer on their website).

330491443_1259524747977856_3429051985683044580_n.png

Last edited:
Hmm, I have never seen this mentioned in other posts. If your username is the same as your real name, then might I infer you are from Latin America/Spain? Given the analysis I conducted, approx 80% of applicants are Asian. So the overlap between being a female (Augustina?) and Latin American would put you in a very special bucket, most especially given their aim for a diverse class. Don't want to get your hopes up, but I'd only send an email to people I really am interested in and want them to feel special. Plus, if you have an interview with Princeton, that is already a pretty strong signal your profile is solid. Strong profile + diversity = let's take this student asap.

Who knows... I might be totally wrong with all I've said.

Source to backup my claim:

And in order to figure out total number of applicants, you go here: Academic Program Statistics | MIT Sloan, and also use Wayback Machine to cross reference previous numbers (given numbers for 2019, 2020, 2021 are no longer on their website).

330491443_1259524747977856_3429051985683044580_n.png
It seems like an automated email though...

Last edited:
Fingers crossed that it's not a rejection. All the info I could find from a thread in 2013 indicates that its a waitlist/rejection.
It simply wouldn't make sense to me. They are going to deliberate as a committee and review the entire application with the interview. As they repeated a gazillion times, "it's a holistic process".

Back