MIT MFin MIT MFin Admission Discussion

Thank you! There wasn't linear algebra in my assessment and yes you may choose the programming Language.
Good luck!)
In terms of choosing programming language, I've noticed that websites like leetcode don't have support for R (which I was hoping to use for the assessment). Can we literally select any language for the assessment, or is it like a dropdown menu with a pre-selected set of options? Thanks for your help!

Edit: More precisely, can we use R?

Last edited:
In terms of choosing programming language, I've noticed that websites like leetcode don't have support for R (which I was hoping to use for the assessment). Can we literally select any language for the assessment, or is it like a dropdown menu with a pre-selected set of options? Thanks for your help!

Edit: More precisely, can we use R?
It's not like preselected menu. You just write as a comment what language you are using, then just write the code to solve the problem.

I had the assessment and it was pretty basic. As was told in the email there were just basic calculus and probability/ statistics problems. You don't have to worry about that. The same is true about programming question.
Thanks for sharing. Was it simpler than the problem set given on the website?

So there's no flash compiler, its like programming on word :)

There is someone saying that this year's number of ppl who received invitation of interview is smaller compared to past. Dont know if the statement is true.
When I registered for the interview, there were about 200-300 slots left. How do you think of the importance of the interview?

When I registered for the interview, there were about 200-300 slots left. How do you think of the importance of the interview?
I think that depends on what percentage of applicants got invited to the interview. If it's a lower percentage than the interview is less important, but if it's a higher percentage than the interview is more important.

I had the assessment and it was pretty basic. As was told in the email there were just basic calculus and probability/ statistics problems. You don't have to worry about that. The same is true about programming question.
Can you please provide inputs on the coding question?

I think that depends on what percentage of applicants got invited to the interview. If it's a lower percentage than the interview is less important, but if it's a higher percentage than the interview is more important.
Lower percentage than the interview? What?

were there any questions with trigonometry? and were there calculators allowed? or is it so basic you won't need a calculator for it? Thanks!

Hi, would somebody have some resources to practice the math test (beyond the pdf provided on the website)? All my gratitude!

Hi, how many questions are we gonna have in the quant test? And how do we submit the answers? Just took a look at the sample and it’s way harder than I expected.

Hi, how many questions are we gonna have in the quant test? And how do we submit the answers? Just took a look at the sample and it’s way harder than I expected.
Don't worry too much about the quantitative assessment. It is significantly more elementary than the sample test. When they say elementary calculus and probability they really do mean it.

Don't worry too much about the quantitative assessment. It is significantly more elementary than the sample test. When they say elementary calculus and probability they really do mean it.
Would you say its mostly Calc 1,2 or also 3? Last calc class taken was back in Freshman year of college, not sure how much I should be touching up on.

Back
Top Bottom