Princeton University - Master in Finance

Princeton MFin Princeton Master in Finance admission results

Lol I'm 1 year in the industry and studied the topics in the Baruch QBA and Columbia MFE prereq self-assessment for about 3 weeks and feel good about only 6/9 🤦‍♂️
What are the 3 questions you didn’t feel good about

Anyone managed to answer the question on Stochastic Calculus and the one on Matrix (linear Algebra) ?
yep i was able to crack that stochastic Calculus question. bit tricky though they presented limiys of integral in the negative x axis.

the matrix one was easy to solve but i think i messed up my calculation.

Was the sequences question wrong by any chance? I think they messed up the pattern in between. I still solved it assuming what the pattern should have been

Was the sequences question wrong by any chance? I think they messed up the pattern in between. I still solved it assuming what the pattern should have been
wait I don't really see it - it was asking for a sum though? I could've misunderstood.

what is the answer for the inequality question? i did not work out any solution among the given choices

anyone knows the answer to the inequality question? i work out a solution that is not among the choices...

So from the email we all received today/yesterday. What do you think are the two questions with the typos

Series question yes, the matrix one matched one of the options. I am not sure which is the second one, all others seemed to have a matching answer.
which one was the series question ?

And you’re saying the typos were neither the stochastic question nor the matrix ? (That’s the two I found hard)..

which one was the series question ?

And you’re saying the typos were neither the stochastic question nor the matrix ? (That’s the two I found hard)..
for stochastic dont think there was any typo i solved it but i was also confused after seeing the options but they just inverted the integral from +ve to - ve

Btw will there be equal weightage for each question or it will be based on difficulty of the question? i think after they removed 3 questions probably makes sense to have a weightage based on difficulty to assess the candidate correctly.

for stochastic dont think there was any typo i solved it but i was also confused after seeing the options but they just inverted the integral from +ve to - ve
Actually, I think the other typo was in the stochastic problem. I remember they put sigma * sqrt(t) in the bracket of ln, but I think it should be out of the bracket of ln? ... although I'm not very sure.

Actually, I think the other typo was in the stochastic problem. I remember they put sigma * sqrt(t) in the bracket of ln, but I think it should be out of the bracket of ln? ... although I'm not very sure.
I also dont remeber the options exactly now but when i was solving i found the exact mathing answer.

Back