Profile evaluation for Quant Program 2025

• Thread starter Thread starter quantpr
  • Start date Start date
I would greatly appreciate any advice on my chances of being accepted into a top 10 quantitative finance program.

I am currently pursuing a Master’s in Economics (GPA: 3.95), along with a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Economics, and Mathematics (GPA: 3.88) from a US (Top 30) school, and I will graduate in June 2025. My academic focus includes PhD-level coursework in Statistical Machine Learning, Financial Econometrics, and Applied Time Series Analysis, as well as graduate-level studies in Game Theory, Optimization Methods, and Advanced Regression. Additionally, I have experience as a Teaching Fellow and Guest Lecturer in Operations Research and Theory of Computation.

In terms of industry experience, I completed a Software Engineering internship during the summer after my freshman year, where I developed a web-based algorithm visualization tool.

My research experience spans several high-impact projects. During the summer of my 3rd year, I worked on an NIH-funded project focused on cancer detection using machine learning, where I’ve implemented various classification algorithms. I have also contributed to asset pricing research, developing statistical tools for comparing financial models and using machine learning to improve return predictions. Currently I am working on applying computer vision techniques to analyze urbanization patterns in economic development research.

My GRE score is 329 (Quantitative: 165, Verbal: 164), and I expect strong letters of recommendation from the professors I’ve worked with. However, I do not have a third-year internship.

Any feedback or guidance you can provide would be invaluable as I prepare my applications.

Thanks a lot for the input. Lots of programs have either made GRE not required or optional. Do we reduce our chances if we do not submit the scores ? Also, will not having a corporate internship ( quant related) reduce the chances ?

Back