Profile Evaluation for US MFE/MFin programs.

Hi all, I am currently a final year Computer Science and Engineering student in a top 10 university in India. I am planning to apply to MIT, Princeton, Columbia, NYU, and Chicago for their fall 2017 programmes. My profile is as follows.

GPA: 7.88/10.
Courses Completed: Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Multivariable Calc 1 and 2, Graph Theory, Data Mining and Warehousing, Database Management Systems. Currently doing a course on soft computing and neural networks.

GRE: 168V 167V, total 335. AWA 5.0.

I have three internships: the first is with a public policy professor at a global top 20 business school who was on a team that won the Nobel Prize, the second was with a policy-research thinktank, the third was with a data analytics startup founded by an MIT graduate.

I have done projects in machine learning and data mining using R, and I am trying to finish more projects to solidify my technical expertise. I also am proficient with SQL and C++.

I am also a successful parliamentary debater, with international achievements, and leadership positions in my Debate Society.

However, I have no direct experience in the field of finance. I would like to know what my chances would be like in MFE/MFin Programs mentioned above, as well as advice on how to go about securing internships in the field of Quantitative finance, considering my university is not a target school.

Back