Stochastic process or Numerical Linear algebra? Need HELP

• Thread starter Thread starter tiger
  • Start date Start date
hello, I am a junior right now. Next semester, I have the choice of taking one of the course above. Do you suggest which one should I take? Thanks in advance !

By the way, the Stochastic process is offered by Stat department without measure theory, not a proof-based course.

what kind of job/ profession are u looking for? num lin alg is useful to know but i guess you can just read some book, while stoch proc is mandatory to know if u want to be a quant or work with random variables in time. definitely u should know lin algebra, but numerical lin alg is very specific. i think numerical methods in general is more important

what kind of job/ profession are u looking for? num lin alg is useful to know but i guess you can just read some book, while stoch proc is mandatory to know if u want to be a quant or work with random variables in time. definitely u should know lin algebra, but numerical lin alg is very specific. i think numerical methods in general is more important
Thx ! I am still in college, and was thinking which course will be better for get an admission from MFE

Back