University of California, Berkeley - Master of Financial Engineering

UCB MFE UCB MFE Admission Results Discussion

@Takei congrats ! Would you mind telling a bit about your background? It may be helpful for us to guess the possibility of admission. Really appreciate it.

@luffyboy I have just obtained a Ph.D. in physics from a second tier US public school, research is focused on data analysis and modeling, passed CFA Level III exam, no related work experience.

@luffyboy I have just obtained a Ph.D. in physics from a second tier US public school, research is focused on data analysis and modeling, passed CFA Level III exam, no related work experience.
A really strong background (y). Thank you so much! Wish you success in later career. Thanks again !

I got an email asking me to check my status change on the website. That moment I knew it won't be good news; otherwise, they should start with "Congratulations!" lol
Thank you for sharing! Guess we should focus on other applications from now on.. Good luck on your grad application!!

I got an email asking me to check my status change on the website. That moment I knew it won't be good news; otherwise, they should start with "Congratulations!" lol
I guess it's not true? I also got an email asking me to check my status, and when I logged in to the application page, I got a letter saying that I will be recommended to the Graduate Office for admission and asking me to accept or decline the offer. It's not the official admission letter though.

I guess it's not true? I also got an email asking me to check my status, and when I logged in to the application page, I got a letter saying that I will be recommended to the Graduate Office for admission and asking me to accept or decline the offer. It's not the official admission letter though.
I see. A feel of mystery haha. Congrats again!!!

Process must be still ongoing. I submitted my application quite late around 9th November and have just received the invite for interview for coming Friday.

Process must be still ongoing. I submitted my application quite late around 9th November and have just received the invite for interview for coming Friday.
Mind if I ask you is this the first interview or the second one?

This is the first interview. I have not even given my GRE yet.
Well I sent my GRE score after due and they were totally down with that, so I don't think you should worry about that :) and good luck on your interview !

My application status now shows a "conditions checklist" but does not say if it's a hold or accept or conditional admit. Any idea what it could be?

Back