University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
oh well, the interview was scheduled like very last minute, I had to take emergency leave from my work to attend it, and then it takes so long to wait for result, I really regret not applying to Waterloo this year

I had my interview on Mar 21st.
What about u?

Wow, she's really blunt...
basically, she gave you the early rejection ...
I actually like her direct reply, then people don't wait any more and focus on other things in life, being in MFE may or may not be a good choice for career and life, who know! But waiting is just like being tortured.. But I dont get it, she said results sent out starting mid April but then more than 30 spots have been offered, so she actually means the waiting list results? By then I guess they may already have all the confirmations from people they offered. If so it is really pathetic to wait till that time!

I actually like her direct reply, then people don't wait any more and focus on other things in life, being in MFE may or may not be a good choice for career and life, who know! But waiting is just like being tortured.. But I dont get it, she said results sent out starting mid April but then more than 30 spots have been offered, so she actually means the waiting list results? By then I guess they may already have all the confirmations from people they offered. If so it is really pathetic to wait till that time!

You are right.
The first thing after I wake up in the morning is to check my iPhone for emails.

She gave me the reply as following
"In your case, the admissions committee has not made a decision at this time. We hope to finalize the interviewing/assessment process at the beginning of April and communicate final decision starting mid-April."

Did Petra say that "more than 30 spots have been offered"?

I will most likely reject my MMF offer tomorrow; hope it helps some of you guys out. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting to get admission :)

I have decided to accept an US MBA offer with diversity scholarship (full tuition), my dream is to work in quant but I guess I have to be practical and will not turn down this free education. And going to biz school in US may open more doors for me internationally. It is a painful decision though but this Friday is the deadline to decide. So my wait for UT is technically over, I will send them an email to withdraw my application, good luck guys, for those who are still waiting!

I have decided to accept an US MBA offer with diversity scholarship (full tuition), my dream is to work in quant but I guess I have to be practical and will not turn down this free education. And going to biz school in US may open more doors for me internationally. It is a painful decision though but this Friday is the deadline to decide. So my wait for UT is technically over, I will send them an email to withdraw my application, good luck guys, for those who are still waiting!

I am sorry to hear that.

Where will you be doing the MBA?

Hey guys, just curious, has anyone who had a recent interview(past 2 weeks) got admitted yet?

Hey Distmantler,

Congratulations on your offer! Great to see you that you accepted it :)

I just remembered your first post about the interview, you said:

To be honest I don't think I want to go to the MMF program. Honestly, I did not get a good vibe from the interview.

Everything seemed so cheap and unorganized.

You sounded really unimpressed, I wonder what changed your mind.

Well, in any case, looking forward to meeting you in August!

Owen business school (Vanderbilt)

That's a good school! Congrats.

Hey Distmantler,

Congratulations on your offer! Great to see you that you accepted it :)

I just remembered your first post about the interview, you said:

You sounded really unimpressed, I wonder what changed your mind.

Well, in any case, looking forward to meeting you in August!

I only applied to UofT since I did not get around to taking the GRE this year.

I actually wanted to go to UCB.

I have not accepted the offer yet but it is likely that I would due to family pressure.

Right now I can either accept this offer or laze around for about a year, take the GRE then apply to schools in the states.

The latter would cost me a lot more money and I will lose time hence, my change of mind.

Are you coming in August?

I only applied to UofT since I did not get around to taking the GRE this year.

I actually wanted to go to UCB.

I have not accepted the offer yet but it is likely that I would due to family pressure.

Right now I can either accept this offer or laze around for about a year, take the GRE then apply to schools in the states.

The latter would cost me a lot more money and I will lose time hence, my change of mind.

I understand, I guess it makes sense to accept this offer now instead of spending one more year just by waiting.

Are you coming in August?

Yep, I accepted the offer. :)

I understand, I guess it makes sense to accept this offer now instead of spending one more year just by waiting.

Yep, I accepted the offer. :)

Cool.

What is your background?

I am an EE major completing my undergrad this spring.

I am doing my PhD in pure mathematics, and hoping to complete it by the end of this May :)

I am doing my PhD in pure mathematics, and hoping to complete it by the end of this May :)
I feel intimidated by all the accepted students thus far. It seems a few people are coming from Pure Mathematics and/or with an MSc or higher.

Back