University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
I'm surprised we have a lot of chatter about the Toronto program this year. There was little discussion about it last few years.
It only has less posts than the Columbia MFE thread this year.
I think the program and profession is growing in popularity within Canada. I lived here for a while and I didn't know much about it until recently. In general, MFE programs are getting a lot of attention right now.

I think the program and profession is growing in popularity within Canada. I lived here for a while and I didn't know much about it until recently. In general, MFE programs are getting a lot of attention right now.
Yes, indeed.
I don't know how are things in Canada going, but I'm sure that number of applications for MFE program in China increase at least 30% this year. And most of the applicants with a quite strong background applied to top programs in US and UT.

Yes, indeed.
I don't know how are things in Canada going, but I'm sure that number of applications for MFE program in China increase at least 30% this year. And most of the applicants with a quite strong background applied to top programs in US and UT.
What is your background ?

Well you must be strong enough because they chose to admit you. :)

What did you study in undegrad and what courses did you take?

I majored in financial mathematics.

I took basic math: mathematical analysis, advanced algebra, real variable functions, complex variable function, probability, ODE;
Basic finance courses focused on economical theories, investment and portfolio management
statistic courses, such as time serious, econometric, statistics

I majored in financial mathematics.

I took basic math: mathematical analysis, advanced algebra, real variable functions, complex variable function, probability, ODE;
Basic finance courses focused on economical theories, investment and portfolio management
statistic courses, such as time serious, econometric, statistics
You have a stronger math background and I do! ;)

You'll be fine!

You have a stronger math background and I do! ;)

You'll be fine!
Thank you~
But my programming is much weaker, I guess I need to make up for that and review some math courses this summer~~
I have to go, goodnight and see you

Yes. I am a Chinese undergraduate just like Yang. Thank you so much for the interview experience in the previous pages. It did help me a lot in the preparation.
My pleasure! Looking forward to meeting you in August! :)

hey, has anyone gotten a rejection email? or are they leaving everyone on the hook. I had my interview over a month ago and they said they will get back to me by the end of the month. You guys think it will be a good idea to email them about my status?

Back