Columbia University - MS in Operations Research

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR Admission Results

• Thread starter Thread starter welian
  • Start date Start date
Are you required to respond and pay deposit before the deadline? What will happen if you do not reply by then?

I ono it looks like everything is online... I wouldn't count on receiving a package in the mail, though I will hope.

Does anybody have ideas about how many people will be admitted in MSOR?
I heard the class size would be 100+. In this case, being waitlisted means rare hope. Am I right?

i think MSOR has a lower acceptance rate and hence a higher conversion rate frm waitlist ,as can be seen on quantnet. A good amount of them have been redirected frm MSFE who might not be interested at all in MSOR .

i think MSOR has a lower acceptance rate and hence a higher conversion rate frm waitlist ,as can be seen on quantnet. A good amount of them have been redirected frm MSFE who might not be interested at all in MSOR .

thanks achilles. at the first glane i agree with you. But i see from checker that quite over 50% confirmed msor as their final decision. so maybe this year is harsh and many applicants have to a program that may not be their first choice.

@ All is the present job scene really bad after MSOR from columbia.
@Andy and @Forza please through some light on this.

ishant,

The topic has been discussed many times on qnet. Do a search, and I am sure you can come up with some answers to your question.

Forza i have read them but i want to know the present trend. You are there you can tell us is it improving or in stagnant stage. I have got mixed impression by reading them and people also don't have a good opinion whom i have talked with.

ishant,

If you read all my posts, I am actually not there right now. I am an ingoing student just like you bubba.

Forza i have read them but i want to know the present trend. You are there you can tell us is it improving or in stagnant stage. I have got mixed impression by reading them and people also don't have a good opinion whom i have talked with.

MSOR MFE and MAFN are competing for the same kind of jobs.
And now they created MS&E which will make it more difficult...
Anyone know how many students will attend MS&E? (I hope that there won't be 150 students...)

Back