Columbia University - MS in Operations Research

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR Admission Results

• Thread starter Thread starter welian
  • Start date Start date
Hey guys!
I e-mailed the SEAS Gradmit people and found out that a debit card is acceptable too (for payment of the $2500 deposit).
So, I was wondering if anyone did pay via debit and also, how long after you pay (via debit/credit) does it take before you receive a transaction receipt? Like immediately or in a day?
Cause I tried paying with my debit card today and it didnt seem to do anything (I input all my info and it went back to the starting page. No warning of any sort. ). I checked my account an hour or two later and nothing had been debited.

I would greatly appreciate some info with regard to this.
Thanks in advance.

no, am heading to MAFN ... :)
still, am hopeful that u will convert ur waitlist. Why dont u try writng a para to the adcom mentioning ur interest. I think it helped some of the candidates convert their waitlist.

Hey guys!
I e-mailed the SEAS Gradmit people and found out that a debit card is acceptable too (for payment of the $2500 deposit).
So, I was wondering if anyone did pay via debit and also, how long after you pay (via debit/credit) does it take before you receive a transaction receipt? Like immediately or in a day?
Cause I tried paying with my debit card today and it didnt seem to do anything (I input all my info and it went back to the starting page. No warning of any sort. ). I checked my account an hour or two later and nothing had been debited.

I would greatly appreciate some info with regard to this.
Thanks in advance.
Scratch that. I ended up paying by check.

no, am heading to MAFN ... :)
still, am hopeful that u will convert ur waitlist. Why dont u try writng a para to the adcom mentioning ur interest. I think it helped some of the candidates convert their waitlist.
thanks. i willtry

so now since I have also made the deposit, I am starting to worry about getting a place to stay in NYC..if any of you guys who need a roommate, please let me know and I will be glad to provide some background info about myself

and also I am in Boston so I could meet with you in New York over a weekend during the summer if needed

Dear all,
I was WLed by msor,but the ddl to reply to UMich MFE is approaching. I prefer msor but cannot afford losing umich if msor eventually denies me.
I see there already more than 50 ads from quantnet and other sources. And half of them have been confirmed. So could you guys please give me your idea? I need to reply to umich in 2days. Thanks alot

@Andy, In such cases would It be a bad idea to ask the waitlisted college also to speed up the process..sayin that we have another deadline to meet?

Your best strategy is to cover both ends: ask the programs that admitted you to extend deadline and ask the programs you are still waiting to give you answer faster. Hopefully, they will meet somewhere in the middle.
I don't know of any program that will deny you because you annoy them. You gotta get them work for you.

Thanks all. Now the question is how possible will aWL of msor become an AD?
Your best strategy is to cover both ends: ask the programs that admitted you to extend deadline and ask the programs you are still waiting to give you answer faster. Hopefully, they will meet somewhere in the middle.
I don't know of any program that will deny you because you annoy them. You gotta get them work for you.

OMG..I tried to pay the deposit before the deadline (12:00 am 4/28) but just realized that there was an issue on my credit card.
The deadline just passed and I am so frustrated.

I just emailed regarding my situation.
Would I have a chance to accept the admission offer?

I thought so. However, the link to admission response site is closed.
12:00 AM on 4/28 is same as 11:59 PM on 4/27

Back