No Programming Experience

My recommendation, read both Bruce Eckel books (Thinking in C++ Vol I and II) cover to cover, code all the examples there and you will be ready to go.

Learning about C is very nice but you won't have enough time.

kbharadwaj, you can download one of the volumes as a pdf from the author's site. If you have one of those ebook reader contraptions...might be a good idea. You can buy it if you like the feel of a physical book

Bruce Eckel's MindView, Inc: Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition by Bruce Eckel

kbharadwaj, you can download one of the volumes as a pdf from the author's site. If you have one of those ebook reader contraptions...might be a good idea. You can buy it if you like the feel of a physical book

Bruce Eckel's MindView, Inc: Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition by Bruce Eckel

Hey thanks a lot man for your reply. I already downloaded both the volumes. Started giving it (vol 1) a read too. Now depending on the comfort level I would decide whether I would be buying it or continuing with the pdf alone.

Hey thanks a lot man for your reply. I already downloaded both the volumes. Started giving it (vol 1) a read too. Now depending on the comfort level I would decide whether I would be buying it or continuing with the pdf alone.
Have you read the preface
Prerequisites​
In the first edition of this book, I decided to assume that someone
else had taught you C and that you have at least a reading level of​
comfort with it.

Have you read the preface
Prerequisites​
In the first edition of this book, I decided to assume that someone
else had taught you C and that you have at least a reading level of​
comfort with it.

Ok I did not read that. However due to time constraints I choose C++ directly.

You are right, Alain
Simula and Smalltalk had probably little overlap with C.

Back