University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
I do not think they send out any rejection letter until 30 spots are taken, they will send offer in every 2 weeks and depending on how many people decline the offer in the previous round, they will give it to some more, I assume for now they have already send out 30 offers and if there are some decline, people lower in the list will get a chance. It is sad they do it this way but I think they will need to be sure they are not oversubcribed or undersubcribed. If everyone accept the offers in previous round, we can forget about it

probably after all the admission letters are sent out, they will start doing rejection.
I think they will wait till all the 30 deposits are paid, then they will send out all the rejection letters in a mass email

I failed to open the assessment website as well as the mmf program home page.
Did anyone experience the same problem?
Thanks

Did anyone get rejection yet? Waiting is so stressful. I almost gave up. There are so many ads on Tracker

JIN LEE Same here man. No communication from them so far. Application status on their website still says 'Under Review'. With the number of applicants increasing every year, they should increase the seats also.

actually I think 30 is too small the size, the industry surely can absorb more than that, but the problem is some people want to take positions that are rarely available to fresh grad such as trader, structurer etc so that is making it difficult for 100% placement. To be honest, one will look at the type of jobs that the grad got after this program rather than just 100% figure which is quite vague, and they never release the exact type of jobs too, if everyone has a back office position, the 100% placement rate is nothing

actually I think 30 is too small the size, the industry surely can absorb more than that, but the problem is some people want to take positions that are rarely available to fresh grad such as trader, structurer etc so that is making it difficult for 100% placement. To be honest, one will look at the type of jobs that the grad got after this program rather than just 100% figure which is quite vague, and they never release the exact type of jobs too, if everyone has a back office position, the 100% placement rate is nothing

sgmfof You are absolutely right ! BTW are you from Toronto ? Had your interview?

Back