Python Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everybody and happy new year!

Objective: Prepare for MFE and enhance my coding abilities in Python

Programming Experience: Some Python, R and SQL

Work Experience: 5 years working in Risk Management

Intended Pace of Program: Finish the programme in time, while gaining the most from it

Objective: Be able to create an semi-esoteric asset based lending product as part of my job.

Programming Experience: Very basic python experience. Really just enough to find some operational efficiencies in prior roles and create useful tools for underwriting in my current role.

Work Experience: ~2 years across a venture debt fund (Credit role) and some insurance underwriting experience.

Intended Pace of Program: effectively learn, as quick as I can. I do not want to just get through the materials for the sake of speed.

Objective: To become proficient in Python for writing and back-testing trading algorithms

Programming Experience: VBA and some basic C++

Work Experience: 6 years in equity research on the sellside and 1.5 years on the buyside

Intended Pace of Program: Planning to dedicate significant time to the course and finish as soon as possible

Objective: To become proficient in Python for general data analysis tasks, as well as backtesting of equity strategies inc. signal construction, portfolio construction & optimization

Programming Experience: a bit of Matlab & Python mainly around systematic equity strategies

Work Experience: 6 years in quantamental role at long/short equity hedge fund, 6 years sell-side equity research

Intended Pace of Program: Planning to dedicate 5 hours per week

Back