Baruch College - Master in Financial Engineering

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE Admission Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin
  • Start date Start date
Question:
On the website, it's said that "The first round of application evaluations will be at the beginning of December". So even if I submit my application today, I need wait until then to be reviewed? Is there any particular advantage to submit it earlier?

Thanks,

Question:
On the website, it's said that "The first round of application evaluations will be at the beginning of December". So even if I submit my application today, I need wait until then to be reviewed? Is there any particular advantage to submit it earlier?

Thanks,

The admission standard is the same regardless of when you submit your application. Good luck!

If you submit your application earlier, say before the first round of evaluations, will you hear a decision soon or are all decisions made after April 1st?

If you submit your application earlier, say before the first round of evaluations, will you hear a decision soon or are all decisions made after April 1st?

We evaluate applications on a rolling basis. We usually begin evaluating applications in November and conducting interviews in December.

Your chances may be the same, but your decision timeline can be drastically different.

Hi,

Could someone please let me know on what fields a candidate is tested in telephonic interview for the Baruch MFE program.

Thanks

I don't know if I should answer...or wait till the Program Director of Baruch MFE who will interview you answers this question.

Both behavioral and technical questions (math, finance, possibly C++) are likely to be asked on the interview.

I don't know if I should answer...or wait till the Program Director of Baruch MFE who will interview you answers this question.​
I think it implies he knows. But it doesn't matter I was speaking in general. Still it is off-topic so it is pointless to discuss it; the author got the best possible answer 2 posts ago ;)

@Joy Pathak we answer and discuss everything about other programs, why not about Baruch ;)

Of course we can discuss Baruch. I was just saying that since I knew that our program director would reply considering he is relatively active on this forum.

A good rule of thumb is, make sure you know what's on your resume and know it well. yes, i know, this should be obvious, but people do forget :)

Btw, the point of knowing EVERYTHING on your resume well is very valid at any interview you are going to.

Back