Baruch College - Master in Financial Engineering

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE Admission Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin
  • Start date Start date
From what I understand, it's basically a "job interview"-style interview with one of the admissions committee members (all highly knowledgeable individuals in things quant finance). Expect it to be very difficult, Baruch's MFE program is VERY selective.

@Alexendra
>> how was it?
I think it went okay...

>>who interviewed you? what were you asked?
I am not sure if I can answer this in public forum so I will better keep my mouth shut.. :)

I am not sure if I can answer this in public forum so I will better keep my mouth shut.. :)

Why not ? :) There are a good dozen of such topics about interview questions at various companies - Jane Street, GS and Two Sigma to name just few and, more to say, I think that every graduate student, is very intersted to see more topics with interview questions at these companies on this and other forums.

On the other side, there are people who are interested to learn more about interview questions at the admission interviews. However, they don't expect precise questions - if such examples would be provided by admission office there would not be such questions ;) - but rather the level of questions one should expect, for example to point at page 43 from "A Primer for the Mathematics of Financial Engineering" or something like this ;)

@Alexendra
>> how was it?
I think it went okay...

Actually, it's Alexandre, not Alexandra (a girl's name) ;)
It was good, I think. Finance questions (explaining some finance concepts), derivatives (some easy some hard), probability, Lin. Algebra, and a brain teaser (Probability). + Questions about resume (Education, career plan,...) + time for my questions. 30 minutes.

Congratulations Alexandre and Roni.

For the record, there is no set number of seats, and decisions are solely based on the strength of the candidate's application, not on extraneous constraints such as whether there are any seats left.

Good luck to everyone whose application is still under review, you have the same chance of being admitted as everyone else who applied earlier.

Back