C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello QuantNet Community, I am currently a Senior at an Engineering college from India. Looking forward to learning more about the C++ programming language and also explore its financial Applications.
Objective: I wish to learn this dynamic programming language to implement strategies and algorithms.
Programming Exp: Python and R from online courses and data science projects
Current work: Fundraising for an infrastructure finance company A senior student at an engineering college
Intended pace: I hope to complete this course within the next 2 months

Hello QuantNet Community, I am a rising senior at Emory University majoring in Quantitative Science and Economics. The reason why I chose to take this course was that I intend to apply to some top MFE programs for my graduate studies, and I also plan to work as a quantitative analyst in the finance industry.
Objective: To gain a deeper understanding of C++ and cultivate my coding mindset.
Programming Exp: Python, R, and stata from school courses.
Current work: A rising senior in Quantitative Science and Economics majors.
Intended pace: Hopefully 3 months.

Hi all, I am a finance student from China.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE programs

Programming Exp.: C, Python and MATLAB

Current Work: Final year Financial Mathematics student and a part-time quantitative researcher intern.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course before October.

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently a portfolio advisor and financial planner working for a large Registered Investment Advisor. Two years into this career and I'm hoping to develop more quantitative skills and pivot to institutional money management. I finished the first two levels of this course and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Background: 2 years of professional experience, undergraduate degree in Econometric Statistics and Financial Economics from UVA.

Programming experience: MATLAB (rusty), R (very rusty).

Intended pace: before the deadline :0

Hello everyone! I am a recent graduate from the University of Warwick in an integrated master's degree in mathematics and statistics. My aim from this course is to learn C++ in order to apply methodologies I have learnt in my degree and translate these ideas into code - in particular, some practical applications of the quantitative finance modules I had learnt in my fourth year. I intend to enhance my coding skills in C++ and python throughout the year as I apply for PhD programs with the intention of starting in autumn of 2022.

Hello everyone! I am a recent graduate from the University of Warwick in an integrated master's degree in mathematics and statistics. My aim from this course is to learn C++ in order to apply methodologies I have learnt in my degree and translate these ideas into code - in particular, some practical applications of the quantitative finance modules I had learnt in my fourth year. I intend to enhance my coding skills in C++ and python throughout the year as I apply for PhD programs with the intention of starting in autumn of 2022.
Welcome.
BTW did you have any exposure to C++ at Warwick?

Welcome.
BTW did you have any exposure to C++ at Warwick?
There is a programming for quantitative finance course in C++ that is offered exclusively for the MSc mathematical finance students but sadly not to any other integrated masters students in the mathematics or statistics department. I have only been exposed to the programming language R in some depth and some Python too so I hope to get a lot from this course in learning C++ 🙂!

There is a programming for quantitative finance course in C++ that is offered exclusively for the MSc mathematical finance students but sadly not to any other integrated masters students in the mathematics or statistics department. I have only been exposed to the programming language R in some depth and some Python too so I hope to get a lot from this course in learning C++ 🙂!
I'm sure you will learn a lot here.
Actually, I taught C++ to WBS finance students in 2019/early 2020.
Good luck.

//
R (and Matlab!) is too simplistic for maths people. It is more of a tool for MBA. C++ and maths are a more natural mix.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will learn a lot here.
Actually, I taught C++ to WBS finance students in 2019/early 2020.
Good luck.

//
R (and Matlab!) is too simplistic for maths people. It is more of a tool for MBA. C++ and maths are a more natural mix.
Interesting, had no idea you’d taught those courses!

Also, I agree I can already start to see the differences in difficulty from the week 1 materials!

Hello you all,
I am really excited to be here and start a C++ journey to further my academic and career path.
Objective: Learn C++ for the Baruch MFE Program, learn its application in systematic trading, and learn from people with diverse backgrounds!
Programming Experience: Basic python and VBA
Current Work: Senior Finance student at Tulane University and interned at a hedge fund this summer
Intended Pace: before 2022.

Hey guys! What's up! Lisa here from Canada. Pleased to meet you all :)

Objective:
Learn C++ for graduate school and future employment
Programming Experience: None, just beginning to learn Python on Coursera and C++ here
Current Work: Graduated in 2017 with a degree in Finance and Management, been working for four years, seeking a change
Intended pace: Finish by December

Hello all! Chopin from Wisconsin, my honor to join you guys into this wonderful course!

Objective: gear myself up with solid C++ knowledge for MFE application, shooting for distinction (90%+)
Programming Experience: with prior exposure to Python
Current Work: help my family out since they just fled to America for asylum
Intended pace: 1 month probably depends on my skills

Back