C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi everyone, I'm Zihui. Nice to meet you all!
Objective: To learn C++ for admission to the MFE program and also for a quant internship
Programming experience: Python, R, basic SQL & VBA
Current work: I'm a final-year undergraduate studying quant finance and risk management
Intended pace of program: I hope to complete this program by November

Hi, I'm Shashank.
Objective: Learn C++ to develop risk models and maintain C++ pricing libraries at work.
Programming experience: Python, baisc R, basic SQL
Current work: Risk model development
Intended pace of program: 4 months - Hope to build a strong foundation before moving to the advanced level.

Hey everyone, my name's Arian Berisha.
Objective: To learn C++ for admission to the MFE program and further my skillset/move into more quantitative roles within finance
Programming Experience: Python (Courses from university: Intro to Python (completed), Algorithmic Trading (in progress), and Math for AI (in progress))
Current work: Senior at the Gabelli School of Business, majoring in finance and minoring in math with a concentration in fintech. Currently acting as the IT Portfolio Manager and Quant/Alternatives Strategist for my school's Student Managed Investment Fund.
Intended pace of the program: I hope to complete this program by November-December.

Hey everyone, my name's Charlotte Liu.
Objective: To learn C++ for admission to the MFE program
Programming Experience: Python, SQL, once applied C++ to build a matching engine (but have already forgotten most sadly🥲)
Current work: Final year undergraduate studying applied mathematics.
The intended pace of the program: I hope to complete this program in 8 weeks, review basic knowledge of C++ and build a strong foundation in programming.

Hi everyone! Excited to take the class.

Objective: This class seemed fun from the syllabus. Any professional benefits are welcome.
Programming experience: Python, R, MATLAB, FORTRAN, Java, etc. ... but no C++!
Current work: Economic modeling and research.
Intended pace of program: As soon as possible while maintaining accuracy (seems some people are saying 5 weeks is realistic?!)
Other: I'd like to take the advanced C++ course after this, but one thing at a time.

Hi everyone! I'm Gabriel Ribero, a Finance major with a passion for quantitative analysis. My goal is to pursue a master's in financial engineering and dive deep into the world of quant finance. I enjoy probability-based games, always looking for the next challenge! Looking forward to connecting with all of you!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:

Hi all, I'm Hitesh Parihar.

Objective: I'm interested in learning C++ to develop risk models and prepare myself for MFE programs.
Current Work: Quant Analyst
Programming Experience: Python, SQL
The intended pace of the program: I hope to complete by this year end.

Hello all,

My name is Ivan Khotulev.

Objective: I'm interested in learning C++ to prepare for a career switch
Current Work: Macroeconomic research and forecasting
Programming Experience: MATLAB, Stata, some VBA
The intended pace of the program: I hope to complete it by the end of the year

Hello everyone, I'm excited to meet all of you here on Quantnet !;)

Objective: To learn C++ in order to meet the requirements of top MFE programs (short-term); and to build a solid foundation in programming and computer science for a future career as a quantitative researcher or even a fund manager (long-term).✊

Programming experience: I have previously learned basic C++ fundamentals under the guidance of professors from my university's computer science department, and gained experience in Python for scientific computing. During my research projects and internships at hedge funds, I’ve used Python to complete research tasks.

Current work: I'm currently pursuing a major in Statistics with a minor in Artificial Intelligence at a university located in Shanghai.:giggle:

Intended pace of program: 4-6 weeks.

Back