C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi all, I just graduate from MS Statistics program in UIUC and will continue to study in a Quant. Finance program in Switzerland this September. And nowadays knowing some OOP is a necessity to get a job as quant. So I'm eager to learn some.

Objective: Learn C++ to get internship as a quant.
Programming Experience: VBA, SAS, R, Python
Current Work: Going to study in ETH Quant. Finance program this September.
Intended Pace: Working all day on this course and complete all levels before September.

Objective: Review my C++ skills and most recent changes of C++11 ASAP. Pay more attention on STL, Boost, and Applications in Computational Finance.
Programming Experience: C++, Java (Core, Swing, EJB, Spring/Hibernate), C#, PHP, Perl, VB, Database (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Tomcat, Big Data (Solr, Redis, mongoDB, Hadoop), Bloomberg API, Reuters API
Current Work: Sr. Java Developer
Intended Pace: Time is not the issue. Want to grand more solid knowledge

Objective: Learn C++ for future work
Programming Experience: Matlab, R, Python, Visual Basic
Current Work: MSc. in Mathematics, previously BSc. Industrial Engineering and BSc. Economics
Inteded Pace: By the end of September

Hello Everyone. My name is Nikhil. I am in pursuit of a career in asset management and alternative investments and I am very eager to be starting my MSMCF at the New Jersey Institute of Technology this Fall. I fully intend to transfer to a top-tier university such as NYU-Poly or Stevens Institute of Technology by Spring 2015.

Objective: To master the C++ language as a foundation for MFE programs and a career as in quantitative finance.

Programming experience: Absolutely none! (Kind of frightening)

Current work: I was working as an Account Executive for an IT company for a few years. I recently quit my job to focus fully on my MFE preparation, starting with this C++ course.

Intended pace of program: I intend to complete this program definitely within the 16 weeks, obviously. But I want to learn as much as I can while I do it, so I don't want to rush it too much. I will work at it diligently everyday, however.

Hi all! So excited to study with you.
Objective: learn C++ for admission to MFE programs
Programming Experience: Stata
Current Work: Student
Intended pace: Finish by November

Hello everyone!
Objective: To learn C++ for personal enrichment and possibly admission to MFE programs

Programming experience: Have been using Matlab, R, and Python over the past 12 months to complete various class projects.

Current work: Applied Math & Econ undergraduate student (Junior)

Intended pace of program: I am determined to cover the material with a fine tooth-comb and complete it on or before October 14.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: C++, MATLAB, JAVA (basic level)

Current work: Undergraduate student

Intended pace of program: I hope to complete it before December, my master's application.

Hi, I am so excited to be here :)

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs(especially admission to Baruch MFE)
Programming Experience: None, but I am up for the challenge.
Current Work: First year Applied Statistics grad student
Intended Pace: As quick as possible, hopefully before October.

Objective: Learn C++ and its financial applications

Programming experience: Python, Arduino, Java (Android SDK), ROBOT C

Current work: Undergraduate Student (rising sophomore) at Northwestern University studying Computer Science, Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences, and Economics.

Intended pace of program: Hopefully finish by early October

Last edited:
Objective: Admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: A little C, a little MATLAB, a little SAS. "A little" means I really need to learn programming!;)

Current work: student

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by Nov. 1.

Hi, everyone, it's good to join the group and finally start my c++ programming course.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs, and better equip myself with the programming skills in actual work
Programming Exp.: Python, Matlab
Current Work: Intern in investment banking area
Intended pace: Wish to be within 2 month

Hello everyone, I am excited to be here with you all.

Objective: Learn C++ and receive certificate to help with entrance into Financial Engineering Programs

Programming experience: Visual Basic during undergraduate Industrial Engineering studies.

Current work: Volvo Trucks

Intended pace of program: Finish by Nov 1

Howdy,

Objective:
Complete this course by December 2014
Programming Experience: HTML, SQL, C++, Java, PHP, VBA
Current Work: Staff Accountant at SaaS Development Company
Intended Pace: One level per week

Cheers!!!

Hello everyone! I am so excited to start with this group!

Objective: Learn C++ and admission to MFE program.

Programming experience: Several C/C++ class in college.

Current work: Ph.D candidate in science.

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible, aiming for two months.

Hello all! Glad to be a part of this forum and to learn C++

Objective:
Learn C++ and to get into the MFE program.
Programming experience: none!
Current work: Publishing
Intended pace: ASAP

Back