C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi all

Objective: Learn/refresh C++ knowleadge for admission to MFE programs but also considering it as a funny challenge

Programming Exp.: T SQL, matlab, Java, C#, VBA, SSIS

Current Work: Programmer in japonese corporate bank. Also CFA level 3 candidate and FRM certified.

Intended pace: It really depends on the difficulty of the levels but all may be submit by begin of February 2015, let's see ...

Objective: Learn C++ for MS applications and development of quantitative skills

Programming Exp.: VBA, Python

Current Work: Equity research analyst; 3 levels of CFA and 1 level of FRM done

Intended pace: Focused on getting it done by Feb 2015

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Objective: Learn C++ for fun / gain a greater understanding and competence in programming

Programming Experience: Matlab, R (and R Shiny), VBA, SQL

Current Work: Quantitative Analyst at a pension fund, casual research assistant for the University of Sydney

Intended Pace of Program: reasonably quickly (hopefully)

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Student
Intended Pace: I hope to get the certificate in mid-Feb

Hi everyone!
Objective:
To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and also benefit for long term career in financial industry

Programming experience: C, Matlab, some Fortran

Current work: research scientist in physics

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible. Hopefully finish it by the end of this year.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission in to Baruch MFE

Programming experience: Basic, Pascal, Delphi and some others (it's been so long that I don't remember what I knew :) )

Current work: Restaurant manager, hold Bachelor in Chemical Engineering.

Intended pace of program: Finish by mid January(have to be done with it before taking pre-MFE courses in advanced calculus and probability)

Objective: Learn C++ for admission into MFE program

Programming experience: No programming experience before. It is quite a challenge for me;)

Current work: Student~

Intended pace of program: Try my best to finish this course before the final time limit!!

Hi everyone i'm from Perth, Western Australia

Objective:
Learn C++ for final year project

Programming experience: Some MATLAB and R from my electrical engineering and finance studies

Current work: Final year student

Intended pace of program: The full 16 weeks

Hi All,

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and for my own personal interest.

Programming experience: MATLAB, Mathematics, LaTeX

Current work: Student studying Mathematics and Actuarial Mathematics at the University Of Pennsylvania

Intended pace of program: I intend to try and complete the program within three months or so.

Hi people!! I am Pavlos and here are my goals about this program and current state:

Objective: Master C++ for Financial Engineering
Programming Experience: R (beginner), Python (beginner), basic programming concepts
Current Work: Business Development Consultant at Sakoglou Finance and Accounting
Intended Pace: Approximately 2-3 months

Have great results everybody! :)
@APalley

Hello everyone!

Objective:
Learn C++ for admission in MFE program

Programming Experience: non previous experience
Current Work: working as SAP Treasury consultant
Intended Pace: Not sure, hopefully before February.

Back