C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi my fellow classmates,

I am a current Finance and Risk Engineering Student in New York.

Objective: To learn C++ in Finance so that I don't need to take the course in school.
Programming Experience: Java in my Freshman year
Intended Pace: I just started, so I am really not sure. Any advice would be appreciated!

Afternoon everyone!
Pleasure to be studying alongside you all and looking forward to the experience.

Objective:
Primer for fintech career - seeking enrollment MFE Baruch 2017
Programming Experience: Game development (C#/Monogame), Full Stack Web Development (PHP, Python, Java, bash, MSSQL, MySQL, Reddis, various templating engines, js, and much more), Robotics (C#, embedded C, Assembly)
Current Work: Recently Separated military officer, last assignment: Technical Instructor @ MIT
Intended Pace: Rapid/aggressive

Afternoon everyone!
Pleasure to be studying alongside you all and looking forward to the experience.

Objective:
Primer for fintech career - seeking enrollment MFE Baruch 2017
Programming Experience: Game development (C#/Monogame), Full Stack Web Development (PHP, Python, Java, bash, MSSQL, MySQL, Reddis, various templating engines, js, and much more), Robotics (C#, embedded C, Assembly)
Current Work: Recently Separated military officer, last assignment: Technical Instructor @ MIT
Intended Pace: Rapid/aggressive

I reckon you will get this done rapidly. C# (I like C#) is also useful and it has generics. The later modules do finance topics and the OOP style. Enjoy and welcome :) (caveat: I am the originator).

Hi all, I am thrilled to take the course!

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, Perl, Ruby, SQL, and JavaScript at college.

Current work: Business Analyst

Intended pace of program: Hope to complete the program as soon as possible.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++
Programming Experience: C, Matlab, Python, Java
Current Work: Electrical Engineering graduate
Intended Pace: Depending on difficulty of each level, but ideally I am hoping to complete as soon as possible to be able to use it my application to MFE programs.

Hi all, I am student majoring in real estate from China.

Objective: Learn some basic C++ skills to better prepare for future master application.

Programming Exp.: VBA, MATLAB, R, SAS etc.

Current Work: Final year real estate student.

Intended pace: To apply for MFE/MFin program

Hello everyone!
Objective: Learn relevant C++ for admission to a MFE program

Programming experience: C, R, VBA, some Python and MATLAB

Current work: Final year student majoring in finance

Intended pace: I hope to finish it before the late November

Hello to all! Glad to be part of QuantNet Community :-)

I am currently enrolled in University of Illinois MSFE program. I did my undergrad from UIUC itself, in Mechanical Engineering. I realized after taking on campus Numerical Methods class that C++ is in fact a pre-req for financial engineering. So joined the Baruch pre-MFE C++ certificate course. Never too late! Really enjoyed the level 1 content so far explanations are basic and also some behind-the-scene shenanigans clarified. Looking forward to future levels.

Previous programming: R - time series analysis and GARCH modeling; Python - Numpy arrays and Pandas series and dataframes for stocks data analysis.

Tanmay Rajput.

MSFE University of Illinois

Hi everyone! I am a senior student applying for MFE program. I am major in Math, minor in Finance, and hope to advance my programming skills
Objective: To practice C++ for MFE program.
Programming Experience: some projects&homewwork with R&MATLAB, took a JAVA course in school before
Current Work: student
Intended Pace: Hopefully before Nov.

Hi everyone! Glad to meet you all! I'm from China and major in EE, applying for an MFE program these days.

Objective: Pick up C++ for admission to MFE programs and for financial application

Programming Exp.: C++(used to be intermediate but I forgot a lot lol), Matlab(interm), VBA(basic), python(basic), SQL(basic)

Current Work: Final year Electronic Engineering student.

Intended pace: Hopefully before Dec 2016

Hi there,
I am a senior student from China, currently pursuing a Bachelor degree in finance in Shanghai. During my junior year, I studied as an exchange student at London School of Economics and Political Science. I am now applying to a Master of Finance/ Financial Mathematics program in the States/ UK.
Objective: gain some knowledge and background in c++ programming

Programming Exp.: basically none... but I taught myself Matlab and I used SAS during one of my internships lol. BTW, does STATA count?

Current Work: Senior Finance (Banking and International Finance) student

Intended pace: Hopefully before Nov 2016... As soon as possible lol

Hi, I am a recent graduate from University of Waterloo, currently working as a research analyst in a mutual fund in Canada.

Objective: Get to know more about object-oriented programming for the MFE application and also for future usage in many places.

Prior Experience: Has taken a course in C, and some internship experience in C#

Hello all, I am a finance student from China.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming Exp.: VB, a little MATLAB

Current Work: Final year finance student.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course early next year, around Jan.

Back
Top Bottom