C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi everyone, I'm Jiang Deqing from Beijing,you can call me Dedekind.

Objective: get started with C++, and prepare for MFE programs
Programming Experience: Python, a little bit of Matlab
Current Work: junior student majored in mathematics
Intended Pace: finish this course within 6 weeks

So nice to meet you all!

Hi there!

Objective: learn for MFE program
Programming Experience: none
Current Work: undergraduate student majored in mathematical finance
Intended Pace: finish this course before the application, one level a week if time permits

nice to meet u all!!!

Hi all, I am a MFE student who is going to New York to start my first year in SIT in August.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, and for admission to another MFE program.

Programming Exp.: C

Current Work: First year MFE student.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course before November, so that I can apply for the MFE program in Baruch by then.

Hi All,

I am a certified Financial Risk Manager (GARP) looking to learn programming with C++. I have knowledge of R, SAS, and Excel but no programming knowledge and this work will bridge that gap.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE Program
Programming Experience: None
Current work: Senior Relationship Manager
Intended Pace: Finish the course within next 3 months

Hello, everyone, It is really exciting to start the course.
Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, and prove my computer program ability for Finance learning and working in the future.

Programming Experience: VBA, C, R
Current Work: Finance Trader
Intended Pace: I enjoy doing everything as efficient as I can, including learning this course.

Hi there!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: MATLAB, R, a little Python
Current Work: Undergraduate student double majored in Finance and Applied Mathematics
Intended Pace: Finish this course in my summer vacation, one level a week if time permits

Nice to meet you guys!

Hi all,
I'm excited to be here and looking forward to learning as much I can.
Objective: Prepare for MFE.
Programming Experience: C++, Python
Current Work: Risk Audit
Intended Pace: 1 Level per week would be nice. Will see how that works out given that I'm working and also plan on taking another class.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Objective: Prepare for master program and future job.
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: MFE student
Intended Pace: 1 level pre week would be nice

Hi everyone,
Happy and excited to start this online course!

Objective: Learn as much as I can from the course and apply for admission into the other Pre-MFE seminars.

Programming experience: None

Current work: Database Manager.

Intended pace: Will take my time to learn and practice the language but hope to finish well before the deadline.

Hi All,

Excited to learn a proper programming language. I have about 2 years of experience in retail banking analytics. I am undergrad from Metallurgy, with no formal programming education. I have completed FRM Part I as an basic exposure to finance.

Objective: Learn and practice C++ enough to feel confident to say i know C++. Also I am planning to pursue MFE

Programming experience: SAS 9/10, VBA 7/10

Current work: Analyst, Banking Analytics

Intended pace: Will spend all my energy on this for the next 2 months, not sure how much i would cover. Post 2 months will complete at a moderate pace.

Back