C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello, everyone

I wanna study C++ course for MFE, although I DON'T have any knowledge about it. I was wondering if the Mac system can run this course smoothly cause I saw the sample lecture is based on running Windows system.:)
Yes, many students have successfully completed using a Mac. Can either use xcode on mac, or set up a VM

Hello, guys! Very nice to be here!

Objective: Learn about C++ programming, and grasp some skills for the graduate financial engineering learning.
Programming Experience: A little about Python (very little).
Current Work: Last undergraduate year in finance major.
Intended Pace: Try to finish all the learning in summer vocation within 2 months.

Hello, nice to meet you all guys :)

Objective : Learn fundamental of C++ programming to enhance opportunities to get admitted in MFE programs
Programming Experience : Java and VBA
Current Work : Petroleum Engineering
Intended Pace : 2 months

Last edited:
Objective:
Learn C++ for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++, prepare for the application of master program in MFE and further job hunting.

Programming Experience:
python, C,
Current Work:
in my senior year in economic
Intended Pace:
Not sure, this area is still under evaluation as I assess the difficulty of the course work.

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to take this course with you.

Objective: Lean well to use C++, get Admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: C, MATLAB, Python

Current work: Student at CS/Math/Finance

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by November

Hello Folks!

Objective: Learn how to model with C++, Learn how to price derivative securities and applications of C++ in the financial industry, Meet people in pursuit of similar objectives.
Programming Experience: VBA, SQL.
Current Work: Market Risk Management Analyst.
Intended Pace: Hopefully end of Q3 2019.

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin Li. I am so excited to meet all of you, who share the similar objectives for financial engineering.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++, get to know my fellow classmates and TA.
Programming Experience: C++, Python, R
Current Work: Undergraduate at UCLA, Math/Econ Major
Intended Pace: Hopefully finish the course before November

Back
Top Bottom