C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to join this community!

Objective: Admission to MFE programs for Fall 2020

Programming experience: Using C for coursework, using Python for internship, using MATLAB for academic research as well as modeling competition.

Current work: Final-year Actuarial Science Undergrad. Currently doing an internship at a security company.

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by the end of October!

Hi all, zimo from Singapore here!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program

Programming Experience: Python, MATLAB, R, STATA, VBA, SQL
Current Work: Undergraduate, senior majoring mathematics (specialized in Business Analytics) with a minor in finance
Intended Pace: To complish by the mid of Oct if possible.

Cheers.

Hi Everyone, I am very excited to take this course.
some basic knowledge in SAS , SAS Macro , SQL
Currently working full time in Ops in one of the top 5 us Banks.
Looking forward to working in Model Validation.

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to join this community!

Objective: Admission to MFE programs for Fall 2020

Programming experience: Python, R, MATLAB

Current work: Senior student, majoring in Computational Mathematics while minoring in mathematical finance

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by the middle of November!

Objective: Learn C++ to apply for MFE program. Learn the application of C++ in FE. Make friends will potential future colleagues.

Programming Experience: Python/R/Stata
Current Work: Year 3 finance student at Chinese University of Hong Kong
Intended Pace: Complete it before 2020

Hi I am a finance undergraudate from Hong Kong. Have had a few programming experience with R, STATA and python, but not C++. Learning this course for application to graduate programmes as I am a senior now. Get hands dirty!

Hi guys, looking forward to taking this class with you all!!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE/Data Science
Programming Experience: Python, R,C++,C#,SQL,MATLAB,Jupyter Notebook
Current Work: Student at Zhejiang University(UnderGraduates)
Intended Pace: Keeping up with the suggested schedule

Nice! I'm from ZJU too. Long time ago lol.

Hi all! I look forward to take this course with everyone.

Objective: Refresher on C++ and learning for financial applications.

Programming experience: Some C++ in college as well as Python and VBA extensively for work.

Current work: Work in consulting

Intended pace of program: I will probably speed through the first few weeks and take my time with the later half.

Hi all! I look forward to take this course with everyone.

Objective: Refresher on C++ and learning for financial applications.

Programming experience: Some C++ in college as well as Python and VBA extensively for work.

Current work: Work in consulting

Intended pace of program: I will probably speed through the first few weeks and take my time with the later half.
Sounds good. A good hint is to focus on generic programming (templates), correct design and initial encounters with Monte Carlo and PDE applications.
Caveat: not too deep inheritance hierarchies, they become unmaintainanble super-fast.

Sounds good. A good hint is to focus on generic programming (templates), correct design and initial encounters with Monte Carlo and PDE applications.
Caveat: not too deep inheritance hierarchies, they become unmaintainanble super-fast.
Will try and keep that in mind and give more time to Monte Carlo and PDE. Thanks for the advice!

Back