C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hey guys - Grateful to have found this niche community!

Objective: Learn a new skill to apply at my current job

Programming experience: JS, Python

Current Work: Desk Analyst

Intended pace of program: Few hours everyday after market close

Hello everyone! My name is Venus. Nice to meet you all! I am planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ and get prepared for the MFE programs.

Programming experience: R, Python, SQL

Current work: Banker at Citi, graduated from Baruch College in 2022, majoring in Finance and minoring in Mathematics.

Intended pace of program: ASAP, 4-8 weeks.

Hi everyone! My name is Smriti and nice to meet you all! I am planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Upskill and apply for model development roles.

Programming experience: Python mainly.

Current work: Worked in 2 banks, mainly as model validator.

Intended pace of program: 8 weeks, before the end of 2023.

Hey everyone, my name is Gurjivan. I plan on applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024

Objective: Learn C++ enough to a point I feel comfortable and be prepared for MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python and R

Current work: Worked in Risk Management at a Big 4 and currently working as a data solutions associate at a Wealth Management Firm. Bachelor's in chemical engineering and MBA as well.

Intended pace of program: Ideally before submitting applications so approximately 8-10 weeks.

Hi everyone! My name is Isabel, and I plan on applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ to improve my programming skills and make myself a stronger applicant for MFE programs and jobs.

Programming experience: Python, Stata

Current work: I'm currently working as a research analyst, doing finance research for a couple PhD economists!

Intended pace of program: As soon as I can (but very likely mid January)

Hi everyone! My name is Will, and I am thinking about applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ to improve my application. Also determine whether or not an MFE program will be right for me.

Programming experience: very basic Python

Current work: Financial Advisor

Intended pace of program: As soon as I can (looking like 8-10 weeks may be realistic?). But also just starting a new job and studying for several finance exams, so as long as it will take me to fully understand the information.

Back