C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. Good Luck to everyone working on this course.

Objective: I am looking to learn C++ with the goal to get C++ based projects at my workplace and it will also be a plus when I apply for MFE Programs

Programming experience: Python, R

Current work: Quantitaive Research

Intended pace of program: 10 weeks

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. I am Saurabh.

Objective: I am looking to learn C++ to implement mathematical models and various numerical methods to financial data.

Programming experience: Basic Python and C++

Current work: Student in Mathematical Finance at University of North Carolina Charlotte

Intended pace of program: 10-12 weeks

Good Luck to everyone working on this course.

Hello everyone! I am Romuald.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program pre-requisites and for a career as a Quant.

Programming experience: Python, R.

Current work: Currently employed as a Senior Analyst at an economic consulting firm.

Intended pace of program: ASAP.

Hi everyone, nice to e-meet you all! My name is Richard.

Objective: Enhance my coding skills, Get Admitted to MFE program, Apply what I learn to my work

Programming Experience: Java, Python

Current work: Final year undergraduate student studying Finance and Computer Science at NYC

Hi everyone - very excited to be a part of this course and community. :)

Objective: Strengthen my programming skills by learning C/C++.

Programming experience: I am a full-stack web developer with 1 year of experience (JS, React, Flutter, and some Python).

Current work: Freelance work for web and mobile as well as self-studying.

Intended pace: Part-time, roughly 15-20 hours a week.

Hi everyone, nice to e-meet you all! My name is Cayle, an ex-GS equity research analyst with years of fundamental research experience.

Objective: Getting admitted to the MFE program at Baruch.

Programming Experience: Honestly none.

Current work: Taking a gap for MFE program application while staying with my family.

Intended pace of program: not sure, at my best effort.

Hello everyone, my name is Pierre-Yves. I just graduated from a bachelor's degree in economics and I am now working as an actuarial analyst, waiting to (hopefully) start my MFE/Mfin program in 2024.

Objective: Learning C++ for my future career in quantitive finance and getting admitted to a good MFE program.

Programming Experience: R

Current work: Actuarial analyst (non-life) in an insurance company.

Intended pace of program: I would like to finish the program before January 2024, but I am aiming to finish everything in 10 weeks.

Hello everyone, my name is Madhav Karwa. I did my bachelors in Finance and Mathematics and graduated this May. Planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++

Programming Experience: Python and R

Current work: Research Assistant at a University on NYC

Intended pace of program: Finish by Mid-December.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am Désir-André and I'm very excited to join this community.

Objective: Learning C++ to strengthen my programming skills and for a potential career in quantitative finance

Programming Experience: Fortran, Python, C

Current work: Postdoctoral Researcher in CFD

Hi everyone. I am Désir-André and I'm very excited to join this community.

Objective: Learning C++ to strengthen my programming skills and for a potential career in quantitative finance

Programming Experience: Fortran, Python, C

Current work: Postdoctoral Researcher in CFD

In module 10 we have stuff on PDE/FDM that you might like as well.

@DesirKoffi
@Paul Lopez

Attachments

Last edited:
In module 10 we have stuff on PDE/FDM that you might like as well.

@DesirKoffi
@Paul Lopez
Thanks @Daniel Duffy for these two elements. I will look at them

Hello everyone, it's Jason here. Really nice to meet you all.

Objective: Hope to strengthen my C++ skills to get myself better prepared for the MFE program.

Programming experience: Python PostgreSQL Matlab & basic C/C++

Current work: Student majoring in information engineering and quant research internship in a private equity

Intended pace of program: 3-4 weeks

Good luck for you all :)

Hello everyone! My name is Edward. I completed my bachelor's degree in Statistics and am currently pursuing my master's degree in Computer Science. I'm thrilled to join this community.

Objective: My main goal is to learn C++ and undertake some foundational projects related to Financial Engineering.

Programming Experience: I have experience with Python, C, R, and SQL.

Current Status: I am a master's student.

Intended Pace of Program: I plan to study part-time and expect to complete the program in approximately 12 weeks.

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be part of the class. Nice to meet you all!
Objective: Learn C++ for applying MFE programs

Programming experience: Matlab, R, SPSS, Stata, and some Python.

Current work: Graduated from the college this year with double major(Math and Econ) and currently preparing for Master application.

Intended pace of program: I will try my best to finish this ASAP for so hopefully in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:
Back